Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I've been looking to get a bronco, preferably a 96 because of the computer etc....but it would have to be the last body series because of the shoulder belts in the back.

I'm looking for one that is in decent shape body wise, with as little rust as possible but a few dents won't hurt my feelings. Would want it to be very mechanically sound, because very few things piss me off more than being broken down on the side of the road.

I'll be using this as a daily driver and family car and replacing a sedan that is getting high in miles (not to mention I literally can't even fit my son's stroller into it, let alone have him *and* the dogs in the car).

I don't know that 302 or 351 matters to me although I hear the MPG is similar and the 351 is more fun to drive / has more torque.

IT would be an occasional hauler but mostly just a family car for me, wife, kid, dogs, etc. I would also take it down some back roads from time to time but have no plans to mud it or anything similar.

So roughly ballpark, what should I expect to pay?

The range seems to be *really* wide on these cars, I'm seeing them everything from 2000 to over 20k (there's a gorgeous black one on ebay that has a BIN price of 22 and change right now).

I had an 89 that I paid 1000 bucks for back in the day and drove it for quite a while but it was a total POS, and I don't expect to get anything solid for nearly that price.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
For what your looking for and depending on your market $3500-$5k. I've owned a few and I cant really tell a difference between a 302 & 351. I'm sure someone will chime in with how their 351 towed a semi....fully loaded.....uphill both ways....in the snow...etc. Personally, I think they're both underpowered for a Bronco, especially considering todays engines specs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was kinda thinking the further I could keep it under 10k the better. It won't really be used for towing so doesn't matter that much to me I suppose, I just want one in good shape that can be used as a DD for a year or two while I save up money for a new truck. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also how in heck is that bronco on eBay worth 22k by his standards? It's awesome but that seems really really high.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woo sweet ride, very nice. Yeah I guess it's worth whatever someone will pay! I'm not in the 15k area though lol.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've been offered a one owner 93 with about 130k miles on it for 7500. It's in tip top shape both body and engine wise, interior and exterior are both immaculate and it seems to have been taken very good care of. New brakes, new tires, fresh oil change and tuneup, new windshield (old one had a chip in it).

Not too bad a deal except not in one of my very preferred colors and also not a 96 like I'd like.

Might be worth it to get it and drive it for a bit then sell it, I doubt I would lose much if any money on it at that price...she's pretty cherry inside and out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts