Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I trashed 3rd gear. 94, 302, e4od, Just had the trans rebuilt about 3 weeks ago. Today everything was fine. I get on the freeway, at the top is a truck tire carcus which I miss. all os a sudden it sounds and feels like i have a flat tire.

I pull off at the next ramp, pull over and look no flat, nothing stuck in any tires, even roll the truck forward a foot or so to check the rest of the tire(s). Get in and start to drive away everything is fine, so turn around to get back on freeway (OTW to work) and it starts up again.

I turn around and head home half way home I relise it starts happening at about 40 MPH but only stop when the truck stops. Since it doesn't seem to be connected to engin speed or suppension movement. I figure it's somewhere in the drive train.

Question can I lose just 3rd gear suddenly like that? and would that cause the "flat tire" experince?

I plan to take the truck back to the shop if you guys think it seems likely to be the trans.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Well I'd take the truck back since you just had work done and make them fix it, but I'd be suspecting a bad u-joint or a bad re-install job on the drive shaft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts