Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the weekend, I got a ton of work done on my truck, like replacing the slave cylinder in my clutch, resurfacing the flywheel, replacing a majority of the gaskets in my transfer case, etc. I made a full list of the work done on one of my previous posts if anyone's interested. I was really excited to finally get all the work done to my drive train, and when the work was done, we took it off the lift and my dad's mechanic friend took it for a test drive up and down the block. When he got back, he thought it would be a good idea to burn rubber with 32 inch tires and a brand new clutch. So, he revved the engine up to 5k RPM, and dumped the clutch. I heard the tires screech for a half second, then the whole rear axle shook violently and I heard a loud snapping noise. Then the driveshaft fell out. He snapped the rear pinion yoke that connects to the rear axle. The d-bags that had diagnosed my rear axle when it broke the first time told me it was "damaged, but in acceptable condition". Funny joke. Hopefully I'll pick one up today, and I'll finally be able to drive my car in its "repaired" state.

·
Registered
772 Posts
With friends like that who needs enemies?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts