Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is posted and I absolutely am confused.I don't know if it means they have been racist or are going to start being racist in future. In my opinion by saying that they are going to be more diverse and target hiring more blacks is racist. By saying they will cater to black communities is racist and by saying they will cater more to black customers is racist. How about they say they are going to make sure everyone is respected equally? After all, isn't that how it's supposed to be. When you apply for a job should it not be based on merit, experience and ability and not skin color or where you live?
It would seem to me that Kohl's is actually being more racist by calling out people of color as different. What do you think?
Kohl's statement

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is posted and I absolutely am confused.I don't know if it means they have been racist or are going to start being racist in future. In my opinion by saying that they are going to be more diverse and target hiring more blacks is racist. By saying they will cater to black communities is racist and by saying they will cater more to black customers is racist. How about they say they are going to make sure everyone is respected equally? After all, isn't that how it's supposed to be. When you apply for a job should it not be based on merit, experience and ability and not skin color or where you live?
It would seem to me that Kohl's is actually being more racist by calling out people of color as different. What do you think?
Kohl's statement
I’ve always stuck by two thoughts; 1. Don’t punish me for the sins of my father and 2. If you believe in “reparations” then only those who suffered should be paid by only those that committed. And finally, since it’s Covid Bloody Mary Tuesday, has anyone asked the question, Why did Walmart, CVS, etc. lock up certain products? Like cigarettes, razors, etc. Is it because they were constantly being stolen? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
867 Posts
I'm staying faraway from this SUBJECT!!!!!

·
Registered
95 5.8L MAF XLT, Hedman Shorties/MF SS Y & Muff, E4OD, Man hubs, KYB Quads, 31x10.5x15, 301K miles
867 Posts
Yeah but I have a very "LOUD UNFILTERED" voice/opinion/point of view!!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
What a bunch of "woke" blather that statement is. "Diversity and Inclusion teams", focus groups, unconscious bias, etc, etc.

What's so hard about selling whatever you sell, and simply being kind to EVERYONE????

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,848 Posts
Kohl's statement
That is what's called 'Affirmative Action'.
It's reverse racism; it's been happening since the mid-'80s.

Companies and colleges/universities who proudly claim to having 30% women and minorities in their employment/student population partake in such racist federal program (Affirmative Action).

Quality be damned....

·
Registered
301 Posts
That is what's called 'Affirmative Action'.
It's reverse racism; it's been happening since the mid-'80s.

Companies and colleges/universities who proudly claim to having 30% women and minorities in their employment/student population partake in such racist federal program (Affirmative Action).

Quality be damned....
Google “accepted to all Ivy League schools” and see what you get...

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,592 Posts
I hate everyone equally, skin color don’t matter.... it’s the deeds that matter. That simple.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
941 Posts
I try my to refrain from talking this type of politics on the internet, so I will keep it short.
But if people would just shut the hell up about race, quit injecting it into every situation, there wouldn’t be an issue. There isn’t racism in this country. Maybe there are isolated incidents, but that has nothing to do with our country as a whole. You want to see what real racism and hate is, go to a different country, then maybe you will appreciate what we have here.
I see people as one of two things, Americans, or anti-Americans, and these people who throw race into everything are trying to drive this country into the ground, and deserve no recognition or sympathy in my opinion.

Now, I’ll try to stay out of the political stuff for a while, for my good health....

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
They're trying to stay on peoples good side in the wake of everything that's happening. Just like how every god damn corporation is suddenly claiming they care deeply about us during covid.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Obviously not; which is why I'm asking.

What is your point?
Absolutely nothing sticks out to you as a commonality or 2 in the majority of students who have been accepted to all 8 Ivy League schools??

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,848 Posts
Absolutely nothing sticks out to you as a commonality or 2 in the majority of students who have been accepted to all 8 Ivy League schools??
Other than the fact that they're the 1% on a national level?

And the fact, you admit yourself, that not 100% of the students are accepted to all 8 Ivy League schools (where does the remainder come from???)?

Additionally;

The fact, in order to maintain a minimum 30%/women-minority quota, Affirmative Action is used?
The fact, since the mid-'80s because of Affirmative Action, there's a much higher rate of minorities NOT finishing college (because not everyone has the caliber)?

Not everyone, ACADEMICALLY, deserves to go to Ivy League colleges.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts