Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing some digging and looking for info on the Covid stats and I came across this.
Crazy Covid Numbers

I looked at my state and it says on one side that Wisconsin has like 3,555 cases confirmed. If you go through the list of counties and tally up the numbers they add up to like 12,000. In one case it says a county has 99 cases when in actuality only 4 have been reported confirmed.
Now I know full well that the internet is full of lies, but how many more of the real numbers being manipulated like this?
This is what really pi$$e$ me off and I'm sure a whole lot of others. Think about it. If they can inflate Wisconsin's numbers by nearly 400% why wouldn't they lie about all of the others?

Swamp

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,200 Posts
Seems on par with local stats. My county has had only 1 confirmed case that recovered, so 0 deaths.

Still... I'd rather ask a 10 yr. old than Google, Siri, Alexa, etc.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,249 Posts
My county shows on par with the local info we've been getting from local sources.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I wonder why Wisconsin shows such a contrasting number? I find it odd that on the same page it shows 3555 for Wi. and then county totals are so much higher. Weird.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,535 Posts
Not very accurate for me... Erie county was at 47 yesterday... With 1 death but he was from NY so I guess they aren't counting it...
Screenshot_2020-04-17-16-47-28.png

And the whole state is actually over 29000 right now...
Screenshot_2020-04-17-16-47-14.png

But for a country that's supposedly over the hump of this virus there were some pretty big jumps between yesterday and today. Updated numbers because of more testing? More actual infections? More skewed data? Wth?
This is the site I've been using

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I did another check of the website and my county is up to 123 cases, yet locally we are still being told 4. Another County which has made headlines due to a large outbreak at a meat packing plant being investigated by the CDC is up to 292 from like 80 a week ago and it is reported on this site to now be 1097.
Swamp

·
Super Moderator
25,286 Posts
Yo,
We were fortunate to learn the locations of folks who tested positive and unfortunately, passed away. We have avoided food shopping, gassing up our vehicles, etc. In those areas.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently the site has decided to actually check it's numbers. My county's number has dropped from 1097 to the actual 21 that have been reported. I'd like the think that maybe reporting those bogus numbers to our county nurse and telling her that allowing inflated numbers like that to exist on the internet would be irresponsible may have caused some adjustment.
That said, the powers that be set up a tri county test site just sown the road from my house for 3 days. They originally said it was to be utilized by people exhibiting at least 5 symptoms to be tested for free. After the first day they are calling for anyone with any single symptom or essential workers with no symptoms. In the next breath they are saying that they have 900 tests to be utilized. My take from that is that they weren't getting people to come in to be tested. Out of fear of actually getting sick or just don't care.
Swamp

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,662 Posts
Both are pretty accurate for KS. Though I don't pay close attention so I'm just kinda averaging it.

Reactions: GetBent4x4

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,200 Posts
How long into the "real" viral outbreak are we now?
3 documented cases in my county, 0 deaths as of last night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts