Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....but the flared nut/fittings on the trans cooler lines didn't fit inside the bungs welded to the new radiator.

93 bronco. Radiator that was in there (unsure if it was original) was plastic tanks/steel core. The plastic tank on the driver side had much deeper inlets on it than the new aluminum model. Also, the the trans cooler lines has adapters on it that went between the tank inlets and the flared nut fittings. The fittings on the trans cooler lines are very long and the threads on the flared nuts don't start for close to 1/2" up from the end of the nut. I'm guessing the very deep adapters were for that reason....to give the flared nuts the depth needed to get the threads in.

So....I was in a bind putting the new radiator in. Couldn't find some kind of adapter to make the flared nuts on the lines work with the new radiator. Suffice to say, i'm still getting leaks from the trans cooler lines. I had to do some serious crappy work just to get them into the tank inlets. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do????

B.

·
I scrape on both sides
3,035 Posts
get an aux tranny cooler

1 - 2 of 2 Posts