Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well , with 7"lift ,33's ,superflex coils and being a dialy driver, i got tired of the "losing control" feeling. well its wasnt that bad but i wanted less body roll and swaying

i used the same sway bar that came stock and used drop brackets that came with the old ttb lift. And 1/4" steel for mount on axel.

ill prolly put pins in to quik disco.
since im gonna take it off and mount the 36's when i wheel it up north.

anyway...

I actually enjoy Driving it Again!

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
No issues welding to the cast C then? I guess I just need to find some leftover cast matieral and try my hand at welding some plate to it.

Hope you didn't get it overly hot though, looks like you welded it right on the truck, wouldn't want to go damaging those poly bushings.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shadofax said:
No issues welding to the cast C then? I guess I just need to find some leftover cast matieral and try my hand at welding some plate to it.

Hope you didn't get it overly hot though, looks like you welded it right on the truck, wouldn't want to go damaging those poly bushings.

no issues welding on.

yeh i did weld it on the truck, and the bushings were on fire a few times, but i let them cool in between welds.there still in good shape.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
Looks good. Welding on cast can be a pain in the a$$. Not enough heat, penetration is not good enough. Too much heat, cast will become brittle and break. You also have to use the right wire or rods when welding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts