Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i went to Napa and got the 3 rear U Joints for the drive shaft that needed to be replace. My mom got home and said how much did u pay for those so i said around 60 - 65$ she said holly crap you paid way to much. She said her works carrys ujoints so i said how much would they be and what kind? Well she didn't know the price by hand and what brand. Next day she went to work and got the price she got all 3 u joints her price for 18$. The bran name is neapco they have a grease nipple and they came pre greased they looked stronger then the ones from Napa so in other words i saved over 40$ I got home there was 40 some dollars on the table with the bill and she also took the u joints back to me. What a great mom!

Yeah thats my story lol

She can also get me Ball Joints, tie rods and what not so that is really sweet i'm buying a new front end for the ol bronc and rebuilding the front and rear drive shafts. I priced the parts at Napa and holy poop and my moms prices are 1/4 the price of Napa for the whole complete front end.

Thanks
Mike

What do you think?

·
Registered
521 Posts
HOOOOLLLLLYYYY CCCRRRAAAPPPP!! That is some cheap stuff. Mabee i should get to know you better so i can ge some discounts.:rofl: HAHAHA Otherwise that is a great deal. Napa has been known to be expensive for me. Well good luck on the project.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
kf4amu said:
Neapco is good, I've had good luck with them. One step below Spicer IMO, but still quality.
My last spicer u-joint only lasted 30 miles but then again the stub shaft only lasted 30 miles too

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kf4amu said:
Neapco is good, I've had good luck with them. One step below Spicer IMO, but still quality.

I'll just make sure i carry some extra ones with me. I CAN"T WAIT TILL I CAN GET MY LICENSE MAY 29! woohoo times going to slow

Mike

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
ToddACimer said:
My last spicer u-joint only lasted 30 miles but then again the stub shaft only lasted 30 miles too
True, I went through about 4-5 spicer and Neapco ujoints before I realized the centering ball in the double cardan was FUBAR. Cant really blame the joint...

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
What a cool mom. You looking for a new dad by chance? ;)

·
Registered
961 Posts
so that whole small profit thing, stress the SMALL right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts