Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started tearing down the FREE 302 i got for my mustang(1970). Got the lower intake manifold off and :shocked

i found this... please dont laugh the digi cam is not working so i drew it in paint... im assuming there is not supposed to be a quarter sized hole here....

im basically screwed...at least it was FREE!

DC

BTW... WTF does that??

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
You know. For some reason I think I remember reading about a strange hole in the casting of one of Fords Small Blocks. I cant remember wich one, or wich of my books I read it in.

Heck, I may have emagined it.

What did the block come out of?

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Are we talking about a hole that looks like it was drilled? or like a chunk missing out of the block? I'm confused.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
It's normal. I have the same one on my engine and I think Jermil posted about the same thing earlier this year. It looks like it allows more oil to fall from the valley down onto the dizzy/cam gear.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
What Bob said. It looks like its been knocked out with a ball peen hammer but it's supposed to be there. Can take pic of a block in work in the shop if you want further assurance.:thumbup

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
bmc69 said:
It looks like its been knocked out with a ball peen hammer but it's supposed to be there.
Thats it.
I thought I read somthing about a jaged hole in some blocks in one of my Ford books.

I just couldn't remember for sure.:toothless
So I wasn't gonna say for sure :toothless

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Gacknar said:
Thats it.
I thought I read somthing about a jaged hole in some blocks in one of my Ford books.

I just couldn't remember for sure.:toothless
So I wasn't gonna say for sure :toothless
I think that's called "playing it safe" I expected better from you. :doh0715:

For you Gack: :toothless

·
12B/88M
178 Posts
well now...from what everyone says....looks like you got a good block on your hands.....hey of course it's good= it was free.....

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
Oldyeller said:
I think that's called "playing it safe" I expected better from you. :doh0715:
If I state somthing on here as fact, then at the minimum I belive it to be the case. This time I wasn't sure, so I prequalified it.

Nothing wrong with that.

Iv been told enugh blatently wrong info as fact before that I trie not to do it to others.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill get a picture as soon as i can...my digi isnt working...something is broke like the power enhancer...actually i think they are called batteries..double AA type..lol

well i would love to know its good...i ahve just never seen anything like that...its out of a 67 galaxy...

ill get a pic soon...thanx for the help guys

DC

any pics will be greatly appreciated...

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
Gacknar said:
If I state somthing on here as fact, then at the minimum I belive it to be the case. This time I wasn't sure, so I prequalified it.

Nothing wrong with that.

Iv been told enugh blatently wrong info as fact before that I trie not to do it to others.
Easy buddy, it was a joke, remember those?:toothless they sometimes make you go like this :histerica
C'mon Gack, snap out of it.:beer

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Is it in the same place as this one(top right corner of the lifter hole on the far right)? This is the 351 I built and put in the Bronco last year. The other one that was posted on here last year was in the same place as mine but shaped a little differently. Looks almost like it was blown through with a torch.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
its out of a 67 galaxy...
Um..we were all good and everybody went off yanking Gacks's chain for fun til you posted that little tidbit..they dint make a 302 in 1967. They made 289s that year. Myybe it was not the original engine and is really a 302 anyways..or?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts