Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp.

Onto my 4th Fullsize now.. Sold my 73 EB to fund the new headache.

Quick question, favor???

Anyone about that has access to flat driveway, tools and has installed diff gears before?

I need to throw some 456s in this pig.

Let me know? I can help, pay, bring steaks and beer? Whatever...

Thanks in advance.

Here's my new to me rig.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Sky Car
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
1992 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
343 Posts
Damn, that is a sharpe looking bronco. You don't see them like that very often. Congrats and have fun with it.

·
Super Moderator
28,821 Posts
Yo B,
Well done!

Reactions: B-man

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yo B,
Well done!
Thanks Miesk, glad to see you're still around. I will be definitely be pickin your knowlwedge for issues!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,821 Posts
Thanks Miesk, glad to see you're still around. I will be definitely be pickin your knowlwedge for issues!!!
Yo B,
YW!
However, not much left to pick:cool:

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,089 Posts
Nice to have you back @B-man..Great score by the way..I hate you people and your clean Cali Broncos...

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice to have you back @B-man..Great score by the way..I hate you people and your clean Cali Broncos...
Yes, the rust factor isn't one here in Cali. But, upon popping the radiator cap and seeing all the brown shit floating around. LOL, As well, as needing to get it to pass smog via a new Catalytic converter, AND a new steering box, still not bad. And, I don't mind working on them.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,089 Posts
Yes, the rust factor isn't one here in Cali. But, upon popping the radiator cap and seeing all the brown shit floating around. LOL, As well, as needing to get it to pass smog via a new Catalytic converter, AND a new steering box, still not bad. And, I don't mind working on them.
I'd much rather deal with that then rust..at least everything except the smog part...

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd much rather deal with that then rust..at least everything except the smog part...
Very true. It's got good bones. Engine and tranny seem strong. But, uphill on grades, it's a dog. I do know that the gearing needs to be done. 3.55's on 35's is no good. But, having dealt with a clogged converter before on my 88, I believe the converter is toast. Gonna heat it up, bang it with a hammer and listen for any crumbs about in the converter.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,089 Posts
when I redid my exhaust, I went with 3 inch pipe running through a magnaflow 3 way high performance muffler. Not sure if that will pass Cali smog, but I've been happy with it.

·
I see Broncos
6,027 Posts
Nice find and welcome back!

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice find and welcome back!
Thanks Man!!

Well, thought it was a nice find. I got took to the ringer on this one. Hahhaha. My fault, my mistake, my impatience.

Can't get it to pass smog. At the point where I'm throwing money at it.

Yes, did all the testings I could do with the EVP, EGR, ECT, etc, etc, etc, ....

One thing this pig does do. It is gutless up a grade or hills. Something's clogged.

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when I redid my exhaust, I went with 3 inch pipe running through a magnaflow 3 way high performance muffler. Not sure if that will pass Cali smog, but I've been happy with it.
Seems nothing will pass smog with these rigs in Commie Cali. Can't even put a high flow cat on there. Has to be the 2 cats , like from the factory. BS.. I am barely, just barely failing the nox at 25mph.. Very frustrating.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
16,089 Posts
Seems nothing will pass smog with these rigs in Commie Cali. Can't even put a high flow cat on there. Has to be the 2 cats , like from the factory. BS.. I am barely, just barely failing the nox at 25mph.. Very frustrating.
man that sucks..I knew the smog regs were strict out there, but that's crazy..when I was out in San Diego visiting my brother, I saw some old ass jalopies and wondered how on earth they passed smog..

·
Premium Member
3,514 Posts
So far in jersey, they gave up on anything OBD1, which means almost any FSB. Hope you get it sorted out and keep that stuff in cali please :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts