Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know he wants a D60, but shipping woullndt be to bad if i tossed it in with a 10.25 and a 14 bolt that i might send to florida if gearhead and him want 1 ton rears....
its a d44HD, it would atleast hold him over till he found a d60 thats affrodable or do CTM's and warns, and can get his shit on the trail soon.

hey blaze, think about it. the only odd thing is that after i managed to yank it into the bed of my truck i noticed the long side shafts are GONE. no biggy, i will take it apart and put in a set of extras i have laying around from my old d44....
i am wondering if i can talk you into using my 1/2ton knuckels(non flat top) on it(new ball joints....) and let me kep the flat tops for my zuk project.... the 8 lug stuff willl all bolt up, and ill hook you up with the best rotors, hub, bearings, and spindles from the extra 3 sets i have laying around...
let me know.

appears to have been coated in 3/8" of oil/grease its whole life, so hopfully it will be not to rusty....
so guys, do you think this would work for him in the mud.....

·
College User
2,015 Posts
What shipping a 14 bolt, the shipping has to cost more than the rear itself. What are you selling it for? I have seen them for 50$ and just had somebody offer me one at 200$. Truck freight has to be like 100. Just saying my opinions not bad talking Badass.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GearHead said:
its a high pinion and has leaf spring pads right? seems like it would work.
Yep

and for shipping. if i ship them 3 axles in apile, shipping will be only like $65 each or so...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
The best quote I got from MN to NC for a 500# axle on a skid was $175. The more weight, the higher the price. 1000# was about $300, IIRC. Three axles on a skid is probably close to 1500#, especially if one is a front. Who are you shipping these with?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, since i have no idea whats going on with you, i guess im gonna have to sell it to the people who are asking about it.

Speak up if you want it.....

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
let me know whats going on......
tore down the long side today....

ratio is 4.09. looks good in the guts, the inside is all intact and could be run as is. gear oil was the normal dirty stuff, but no water was inside it.

all back toghther with the different knuckle...

bad news.
the long side shaft is still MIA, a 1/2ton d44 shft is about 1" to short.....
the lower balljoint nut wont go on due to it spinning, to stop the spinning a new BJ will need to beinstalled, or it needs to be in a truck, and weight applied to it fro mabove o nthe housing, and a floor jack under the steering knuckle to force it into place while you tighten it.

·
gone fish'n
23,563 Posts
seboh said:
The best quote I got from MN to NC for a 500# axle on a skid was $175. The more weight, the higher the price. 1000# was about $300, IIRC. Three axles on a skid is probably close to 1500#, especially if one is a front. Who are you shipping these with?

you must be quotin dana 60's for the fronts. a dana 44 weigh's alot less than 500.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
84BroncoII said:
forward air is your friend
That was Forward Air. Any other freight LTL wanted $500+

And I'd be interested to know exactly what that D44 weighs. For comparison, a 10.25 weighs in at around 375#. Once you're talking about that kind of weight, an extra 75# plus the weight of a skid doesn't mean much $$$.

(D44 knuckle-out weighs 200#, BTW)

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I'd be interested to know exactly what that D44 weighs
this one is EXTREMELY heavy for a D44. i would say it is closer to D60 weight than 1/2 ton d44 weight.
i will eventually find out the exact weight of the axle give or take about 10lbs. it has 1/2 ton steering knuckles on it though, so that might lose maybe 5-10 lbs.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey blaze.
SCREW IT!
i'm gonna sell it to someone else, same with the 10.25
i know you aid you werent shure if you wanted it, but where thinking about it, and you have had over a week to think and have not let me know what is going on at all.
you said you where gonna call yesturday about it, you didnt, and you didnt today, so fug it, someone else can buy this axle.
I don't like it when someone says they are going to do something, and then Don't do it.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Yea and I don't like conducting bussiness through a thread either....you aint the only mofo in the U.S. with an axle for sale. Do what you gotta do. Next time you do bussiness with someone do it with them instead of asking the whole phuckin' forum if it's the axle for someone else...I may be crazy but it would seem to me that the only person who knows if an axle is for them is...well, THEM! :toothless

P.S. I'm not the least bit upset, (just being brutaly honest) and I'm sorry if you are, but I was VERY turned off to the whole deal when this thread was generated...You started this thread just as soon as I said I'd have to think about it.....it was pushy and tacky.:shrug

[Forrest Gump] And that's all I got to say about that! [/End Gump]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts