Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im so freakin pissed off right now. Ok listen to this bullshit. I get hired at Sears to do automotive I was hired full time. I was suppuse to start yesterday I get there and their like "oh you been rescheduled you have to call Kim tomorrow to find out when you start" So i call today and this what I get

Me: Hey Kim they told me you rescheduled me

Kim: Yeah been trying to contact you but yeah you been rescheduled to not work here.

Me: huh? what you mean?

Kim: decided we have enough people hired sorry we sent a letter explaining

Me: Um ok how all this come about

Kim: Letter will explain bye *click*

Hows that for ulitimate bullshit Im so heated right now it just throws all my plans out of whack im so pissed I called all the other places I applied to and now no-one is hiring I just have one little luck with Eastern Mountain Sports and I wont know diddle till Wednesday.

**** Sears and their stupid bullshit. Im officially boycotting that store :twak :boxing :banghead :mad:

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Damn dude, that sucks, I've never had a good experience w/Sears anyways. The only reason we go there now is for craftman tools, that's it. Hope it works out for you!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
join Allcruisen on the boycott i think he has been boycotting them for a while now:shrug

and im sorry to hear about that and good luck finding another job:beer

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I'm with Smooth...the only reason I even pull into their parking lot is to run in and buy or swap a craftsman....:shrug

·
Registered
331 Posts
Depending on your state that might be a violation of labor law. Might be something to check out. How have they been trying to get ahold of you messenger pigeon? They didnt have the decency to call you and send that passive aggressive bs letter? You might pursue it while you are looking for something else.

·
Super Moderator
26,072 Posts
As Jaxboro advised, I too would look closely at the letter and decide whether you should pursue this.
Anyway, this is how many firms operate now; they care less about other people and just want to stay at a staus quo and rake in the $. just as well, imagine having an emergency and worrying whether or not they'll stand by you.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
The Sears and EMS next to West Farms Mall? It was wierd that you mentioned both, cause they are right next to each other there, and then I see you are from CT. Where abouts are you? Im in Farmington.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
It's not a bad idea to check labour laws but more than likely thats why they sent you a letter...to have proof. They'll prolly claim some loop hole...:banghead

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SquattyD said:
The Sears and EMS next to West Farms Mall? It was wierd that you mentioned both, cause they are right next to each other there, and then I see you are from CT. Where abouts are you? Im in Farmington.
The sears at Meriden Mall. and the EMS next to West Farms.
Im in New Britain I stradle the boarder of NB and Farmington pretty much.

I shall check out what I can do when I get this so called letter they said they were trying to contact me but they only have my cell number and my cell phone is NEVER off it hasnt been off since I bought it. Thats why I find it so weird but we'll see what happens hopefully EMS hires me cuz I want my damn bronco :mad:

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
Any one who is boycotting Sears you can trade your Craftsman tool into Home depot for Huskey tools with no questions asked. Did not know if everyone knew this or not.

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
So it was funny at one point?

·
Registered
239 Posts
79F150 said:
Any one who is boycotting Sears you can trade your Craftsman tool into Home depot for Huskey tools with no questions asked. Did not know if everyone knew this or not.
husky is no more, home depot has a different brand name for their tools now... which sadden's me because i favored husky over craftsman, same warranty, better tools :(...

·
FSB MOM
479 Posts
Damn dude that sucks but checking out the labor laws will probably get you no where. Just like Blaze said they probably have their backs covered which absolutely sucks seems we have no rights anymore.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah they had there backs covered. They sent me 2 letters one stating that i did not meet their employement criteria and the other was a bunch of laws and crap about some certain things like credit and some other things.
Im presuming its for something really stupid I did about 3 years ago that I shouldnt have done but it doesnt make sense on why that caused me not to get hired it was 3 years ago ah wells

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
BlueMustang said:
Yeah they had there backs covered. They sent me 2 letters one stating that i did not meet their employement criteria and the other was a bunch of laws and crap about some certain things like credit and some other things.
Im presuming its for something really stupid I did about 3 years ago that I shouldnt have done but it doesnt make sense on why that caused me not to get hired it was 3 years ago ah wells
Many companies are doing credit checks. My girlfriend is interviewing for a contract job and the company required a "background" check. When the paperwork came over it was really a release to allow them to run a credit check. The contract states that if you do not allow the check you are automatically disqualified from the interview process. We figured it would be a security check due to the nature of the companies business. Kind of funny it isn't though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts