Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OR SO THEY SAY!!!

well a man came into my apartment complex and was looking around and stopped by my truck and took a look at it. It was parked in a Guest spot so he didnt know where I lived.

Anyways he went to the office and asked who the truck belonged to, my manager said a tenant. He was yapping and crap about how his wife sold a truck that looked exactly like mine and everything and said he had a clear title for it. Apparently they sold a truck that looked exactly like mine and got stiffed the money for it and crap or whatever.

Well my manager said he's not gonna get anywhere near my truck unless he was to call the police and bring them out and than he would give out my information and what apt i live in.

So he leaves, and brings back his wife this time to take a look at it, they go back into the office and jab again with the manager and leave their name and number and crap..

So i get called into the office and he fills me in on the info, we had a good laugh on it :histerica and i told him just to toss the info cause I wont ever call them and if they come back and try to take me truck it gives me an excuse to use my shotgun.

·
Premium Member
5,265 Posts
Thats crazy. I gotta tell you though, I woulda called the dude and had him meet you there with the cops and got it all sorted out right now... show him the title and proof of ownership and call it a day.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,687 Posts
Ehh, just tell them to meet you at the DMV (Or local equivalant), and get it square. If nothing else it would be worht your time just for the story.

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if the title matches the vin# and its in you name, they cant do jack to you.
my point exactly, i ran a Carfax on the vehicle when I purchased it, 4 owners including me, first was some old lady in california, 2nd was a dealership in wa, third was the guy i bought it from in puyallup and the last owner is me.

i could care less, if they think its theirs they can come prove it. Its not my job as I know for a fact it was a clear title when I purchased and registered it.

·
Retired
16,995 Posts
I would call and get it straight. What if "big what if" they have a tow truck come get it. I mean if they have a title in there hand and they tell a tow truck hey thats my bronco. The dude will probably take it with out really looking at the title. That would suck. Call them and tell them come near your truck the cops will be called.;)

·
Practicing Infidel
15,114 Posts
Why do these crackpots never show up "before"

you sink time, money and parts into your vehicle ?

Over 30 years ago, had one tell me my Cooper S was his (again after I put a new engine and paint job in/on it).

I'd bought it from a mechanic and got him and I to swear affidavits in court, so that would have stood up.

Instead I "stood up" and hauled F#%&stick over my work bench and threatened every bone in his body......never saw or heard from him again.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
308 Posts
My thought is IF they had a clear title to one, why didn't they bring it the SECOND trip there and compare VIN numbers?? Secondly, there's not a "legal" way to register a vehicle if the title is still in someone else's name, hence the whole title transfer process. Are they completely oblivious to the system? Sounds like scam artists to me.

·
Retired
16,995 Posts
That old of a rig all you need is a bill of sell. Don't even have to have the title. My brother inlaw sold me the 79 and he gave me a bill of sell and the title. Since his father was dead (the name it was titled under) DMV said it was a broken title and went with the bill of sell.;)

·
Practicing Infidel
15,114 Posts
My thought is IF they had a clear title to one, why didn't they bring it the SECOND trip there and compare VIN numbers??

Secondly, there's not a "legal" way to register a vehicle if the title is still in someone else's name, hence the whole title transfer process. Are they completely oblivious to the system? Sounds like scam artists to me.
There was no second visit;) My little chat must have hit home:toothless, but your second point makes all arguments null and void and supports Spiked by virtue of him simply possessing a valid ownership and tags.

Sixlitre

·
I see Broncos
6,199 Posts
Plus if it really is his, the police would have been involved. No police, no credibility. If he comes back put a restraining order on his ass.

·
Lick my balls
12,958 Posts
I would call the guy and get it sorted out.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,369 Posts
Sell it and go efi.

LOL
Haha I love when threads merge like this...

And an excuse to use your shotgun? Let's see how this would go...

"Your honor and jury, I killed this couple becuase they were trying to repo my 1985 Bronco..."

Let me know how that turns out. Or Ill just catch it on FoxNews.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Haha I love when threads merge like this...

And an excuse to use your shotgun? Let's see how this would go...

"Your honor and jury, I killed this couple becuase they were trying to repo my 1985 Bronco..."

Let me know how that turns out. Or Ill just catch it on FoxNews.
In Texas we can shoot repo men. Then again the repo guys know this and are well armed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.