Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on a search and recovery mission.
While I am working on the chassis and the body, I am focusing my search for a totaled 2020 F-250 or F-350 with a 7.3 GAS motor. I been thru the usual online locations for salvage vehicles and parts. I know it is a little early to be expecting much. Surely nationwide there has been a few totaled.

Hopefully one will show up in the LKQ system or on Car-part.com.

Want to retrieve Engine, Transmission, and as much of the powertrain harness and ECU as I can get. Don't plan on actually using the ECU. Easier to use something like Holley EFI Dominator ECU and U.S. Shift transmission controller. Not a anything on the engine side that can't be done with an aftermarket ECU. I don't mind being a beta tester for the 10R80 transmission control.

Remember I live in a Non Emission inspection state. So the door is open to do whatever I want.

If I can get my hands on the engine and transmission it will open doors for me with my work contacts. Got to show a little ground work before getting any help with tech, money, or part donations.

Why you ask? Other than being the first to drop a 7.3 Gas motor into a fullsize there is just this small part to add to the build.
Just 700 HP & 750 ft/lbs at the flywheel.

Perfect icing on the cake!

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,396 Posts
Try the insurance auto auctions, if your local ones won’t let public in find a mechanic or dealer to bid for ya, most will for a finders fee

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is my next step. There is a salvage yard just down the road from me. They are family owned. Not open to the public. They strip and warehouse parts for body and repair shops.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
837 Posts
I’ll keep an eye out with the towing company I used to work for. Being a small hick town outfit, chances are slim though.
Watch copart and publicsurplus, they might end up with a wrecked something for cheap

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,716 Posts
Even this engine stock would be a good fit for a FSB, or other Dentside ford.
My dream truck would have this combo, like you are looking to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts