Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on a search and recovery mission.
While I am working on the chassis and the body, I am focusing my search for a totaled 2020 F-250 or F-350 with a 7.3 GAS motor. I been thru the usual online locations for salvage vehicles and parts. I know it is a little early to be expecting much. Surely nationwide there has been a few totaled.

Hopefully one will show up in the LKQ system or on Car-part.com.

Want to retrieve Engine, Transmission, and as much of the powertrain harness and ECU as I can get. Don't plan on actually using the ECU. Easier to use something like Holley EFI Dominator ECU and U.S. Shift transmission controller. Not a anything on the engine side that can't be done with an aftermarket ECU. I don't mind being a beta tester for the 10R80 transmission control.

Remember I live in a Non Emission inspection state. So the door is open to do whatever I want.

If I can get my hands on the engine and transmission it will open doors for me with my work contacts. Got to show a little ground work before getting any help with tech, money, or part donations.

Why you ask? Other than being the first to drop a 7.3 Gas motor into a fullsize there is just this small part to add to the build.
Just 700 HP & 750 ft/lbs at the flywheel.

Perfect icing on the cake!

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,589 Posts
Try the insurance auto auctions, if your local ones won’t let public in find a mechanic or dealer to bid for ya, most will for a finders fee

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is my next step. There is a salvage yard just down the road from me. They are family owned. Not open to the public. They strip and warehouse parts for body and repair shops.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
941 Posts
I’ll keep an eye out with the towing company I used to work for. Being a small hick town outfit, chances are slim though.
Watch copart and publicsurplus, they might end up with a wrecked something for cheap

Reactions: Hillbilly Heaven

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,856 Posts
Even this engine stock would be a good fit for a FSB, or other Dentside ford.
My dream truck would have this combo, like you are looking to do.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dream is coming closer to reality. Rather than having to buy a salvage engine, you can now buy new and not at an outrageous price. Actually less than having a custom 460/545 built.

No control pack listed as of now, but I am sure there will be one along shortly, They are making this way easier.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just received an email from the product director at Whipple. The supercharger kits will be in production Q3 or Q4 this year. They will be offering vehicle specific and hot rod kits. The hot rod kits will not include any electronics or tuning. Perfect for doing an engine swap with standalone harness and control.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just received confirmation that the 7.3L has the same bellhousing pattern as the MOD Coyote and 6.2L. This mean that any automatic transmission from that group will bolt right up. 6R80 is my choice for now until something comes available for the 10R80.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts