Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
its a castle nut with a cotter key. soak it with PB or something similar. i had one i could never get loose. sold the axle, still dont know if the guy got it off. broke a breaker bar on it and impacted it for ever. good luck

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
NOPE. castle has grooves, cotter should be cleatly visible in one of the grooves. if not then its already gone. that nuts a b!tch sometimes

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
the cotter pin probably rusted out in the hole. whats your gig tomorrow? i might be able to drop by before i head to ocala to work on my rig

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So with an 8" pipe wrench and my incredably huge biceps I got the bolt off. No evidence of a cotter pin but I don't think a lock washer is normally on this bolt? Either way it's off.

Now, is there any reason why 5 Auto parts stores lack any knowledge of trac bar bushings? None of them knew what a trac bar was, even the 'experts'.

Zane

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
geez, try poly performance. the parts stores dont know what "C" bushings are either

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went to them all again and tried using panhard, and still resulted in nothing. So, I grabbed one of the 4wheel mags and pointed to the bar and said I needed bushing for this part.. Most asked me what it's purpose was, again, and Pepboys told me it'd be 66 dollars and some change..

I'll just wait a few days and get them from JBG, at the end of the day I'm still spending as much in gas.

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
actually zane, let me check my shop. i think i still have one leftover from when i changed mine out. i only needed the bushing at the frame side. i'll be down there saturday, if you dont mind driving to ocala on saturday evening/afternoon, its yours.

·
Registered
129 Posts
jrdbronco said:
i'll be in slowcala.
mmmm Silver Springs. That place is cool.

My favorite "crapper poetry" came from ocola.

Written on the bathroom stahl at some quickymart:

"If it's called tourist season, why can't we shoot'em?":enforce

1 - 19 of 19 Posts