Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
what kinda tractor is that on? would be kinda cool if you could get the wheels, tires and steering with that. what lug patten does it have? and whats the guy asking for it? i have seen some crazy axles on trucks here like that. rigs built for mud running tractor tires. you'd have yto make up you own mounts for running coils, leafs, or air bags. and probably would have to have a lot of lift to clear the axle. nothing you couldnt fab up though.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i think the problem would be, if i remember right, most dana 70 fronts have like 13 splines, or some really low number like that

wes

·
Registered
69 Bronco crawler, 85 Bronco dormant baja build, 93 Bronco cruiser, 05 F150 supercharged 5.4 tow rig
359 Posts
nah, i doubt it's worth much.... i'll take it off your hands since you have enough axles for all of us :goodfinge

it might be coarse spline but i bet it's big shafts all the way out to the flanges... i'm sure somebody could put it to good use, and they sure as hell won't have to truss it :thumbup

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wes 03 said:
i think the problem would be, if i remember right, most dana 70 fronts have like 13 splines, or some really low number like that

wes
so, whats so bad about low spline counts if the shaft is giant? my rockwells are 16 spline.
how often do you see the splines stripped out on a axle shaft? if you say yes, i want to see multiple pics.....
they get slightly more wear, but in this sport with that axel, this person wouldnt care.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
GearHead said:
you'd have to make up you own mounts for running coils, leafs, or air bags. and probably would have to have a lot of lift to clear the axle. nothing you couldnt fab up though.

why not just mod the truck to mount like it is on the tractor? Center pivot slap some shocks on the outter ends and that thing would flex like nobody's business. Its not like you would be building a rig like that to take to the local Piggly Wiggly so would ride quality be as important?:shrug

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
The problem with the center pivot is if you lift one tire a bunch, you driveshaft will move to one side alot. It would be nice and simple for mud, but rocks I think you would have problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts