Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, for the zuk! sorry to trick you guys, but i want to see what do you think would be best.
i can get a deal on a
35 spline, semiflot D60 rear that is a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern already.(what the zuk is)
or should i bukod a HP D44 rear axle for it. the rear axle will take alot of work. it will be high pinion, but i will be running on the edge of its limits with the 38's. also i keep the ground clearence, and the driveline length(about 2" longer pinion)

both axles are going to need both tubes cut and welded back toghther.
both axles will need custom shaft works

the 35 spline D60 should just need to be resplinned, but the D44 will need to be all custom.
\
of course i could make the D44 a full floater using spindles and a hub and rotor setup from the front of a 1/2 ton bronco on the back with discs and drive flanges

so should i go custom cool shit
or go with the beef?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
of course i could make the D44 a full floater using spindles and a hub and rotor setup from the front of a 1/2 ton bronco on the back with discs and drive flanges

i dont know much about this kinda custom stuff, but does this mean you could make it 4 wheel steer? your already fully hydro right? if is this even somthing that would suit your needs?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: so, which new rear axle?

GearHead said:

i dont know much about this kinda custom stuff, but does this mean you could make it 4 wheel steer? your already fully hydro right? if is this even somthing that would suit your needs?
no., not 4 wheel steer. just mount a spindle to the axle tube, and then bolt on the hubs and rotrs the way you would on the front of your bronco.
no steering knuckles
then the axle shafts would just be a stright peice with both ends having splines on them. would need like 30 spline drive flanges, which may be hard to find.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
whatever is tougher .. that is what would always be my choice for a wheeler :shrug ... it don't have to be trick or pretty, just be able to make it through the tough stuff :thumbup

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
D60, you would have to throw alot of money into the 44 to make it reliable with the 38's. Just sawzall then grind some of the extra meat off the bottom of the 60, build a skid plate that goes from the yoke around and then up over the lip of the cover and then just drag that bad boy over the rocks.

Plus, we all know of your fetish for Dana 60's. Granted, while not as cool as HP RR Steering '60's, the rears are still pretty desirerable.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i say swap 2 of your steering 60s under it and throw some 42s on it, full hydro steering also

wes

K

·
0 Posts
either that or drop the price on em! i'd take one off your hands if ya did! :goodfinge

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fireguy50 said:
wake up cranky I see :lolup
you got that right! 4-5 hours of sleep annoy you 6 days a week....

so kenny, why should i cut you, or any other member of the board a deal on these? when that is about the going rate, would you honestly cut someone a deal? what are you going to gain?
you know you would get all you could for it!
im not gonna cut you, or 99% of the people a deal on it. seriously, why should i give a F about you?

theres one person i would cut a deal on this board to, and im shure he knows who he is. ive known him online here for over 3 years, and hes bought over $700 of stuff from me in the past. hes a good person

but do i know you? No........

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damager said:
and you wonder why you get attitude :confused:
its the freaking internet, who cares, i will be lucky if i acully meet 1% of you guys.
tthis is america, the country is based on screwing your best friend for $.
i think i can get away with selling my axles to someone i dont know for what they go for on the open market.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Great attitude to have .. that's why you're world you speak of is so fukked up

oh well :shrug .. another one beyond repair .. it must be interesting being you

K

·
0 Posts
BadassBronco said:
you got that right! 4-5 hours of sleep annoy you 6 days a week....

so kenny, why should i cut you, or any other member of the board a deal on these? when that is about the going rate, would you honestly cut someone a deal? what are you going to gain?
you know you would get all you could for it!
im not gonna cut you, or 99% of the people a deal on it. seriously, why should i give a F about you?

theres one person i would cut a deal on this board to, and im shure he knows who he is. ive known him online here for over 3 years, and hes bought over $700 of stuff from me in the past. hes a good person

but do i know you? No........
your a little bitch badassbronco... i was only kidding... no wonder you still have 47643 of the damn axles

1 - 20 of 20 Posts