Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this isn't a repost.

Anyone here think they are a great horse handler?
Pretty Inspirational.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
:scratchhe :shrug Why?
You aren't from the country are you? ;)
Those "panic stops" look hard on the horse, that's all I'm saying.

I grew up in southwest Michigan, 3 miles from the nearest town, which had less than 2000 people anyway, but I'm not a horse guy.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those "panic stops" look hard on the horse, that's all I'm saying.

I grew up in southwest Michigan, 3 miles from the nearest town, which had less than 2000 people anyway, but I'm not a horse guy.
Nah, Those horses are pretty damn tough.
A lot tougher than we are.
I have sustained much more damage to myself sliding into second base than any horse skidding to a stop like that.

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
& ironically, she won a saddle (true)

Years of work and a tremendous amount of time and patience to do that. Needless to say, I won't be in competition with either of my horses in the near ... well, ever!

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
That looks like it's really hard on the horse.
Nothing more than it would be working cattle out on the range, chasing cows through sagebrush or keeping one away from the herd when it needs doctorin.

That video was simply amazing, I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for sharing. To ride like that bareback without a bridle is awesome. I wish I could ride like that. I've been fighting trust and anxiety since the wreck and haven't ridden at all. :(

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
That was awsome!! Most people just dont realize how much skill and training it takes to ride and have a horse like that.
I'm gonna talk out my ass for a second and say the horse probably needed a hell of a lot more skill and training then she does to do that.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I'm gonna talk out my ass for a second and say the horse probably needed a hell of a lot more skill and training then she does to do that.
The horse is trained to do it!! The rider has to have the skill to!! Most people with a saddle couldnt stay on doing that, much less bare back. I have owned horses my whole life and couldnt do that bare back, it was awsome!!

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The horse is trained to do it!! The rider has to have the skill to!! Most people with a saddle couldnt stay on doing that, much less bare back. I have owned horses my whole life and couldnt do that bare back, it was awsome!!
I have been on the back of cutting horses that made me grab the saddle horn, and that was WITH a saddle! That gal can ride. Although women do have the advantage of lower center of gravity for that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts