Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at having some body work done on my FSB. More likely than not the shop will need break out the torch to cut and put back in some metal and a capability to bend some as well.
I am having a rust problem along the lip above the of the doors, which in turn caused rust at the bottom of the door jams and around the front widow.
The under carriage at the rear end needs some TLC as well.

Does anyone know of any body shops around San Diego, Temecula, San Clemente radius that would be able to do what I am asking?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,593 Posts
Good luck, you’ll likely need to find a body guy that does side jobs on weekends or hit up a custom/hot rod shop. My kid works as a body tech and they turn away that kinda stuff as it gets in the way of quick turnaround insurance work... sucks azz bro but that’s life, everybody’s trying to get ahead faster. Post up on Craigslist but be sure to quadruple check references, I have seen some pretty shady body work.

·
Premium Member
US, 89, 5.8,C6, 1356 BW (manual), 5 Bolt Hub (automatic) No modes like to keep it or
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giving this a bump. With the historically bad problems with late 80s Broncos a rust. No one has had metal/body work done in the SoCal area?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I needed a utility/service body painted and most of the shops I visited in the IE only did insurance work. The shop I ultimately found and had do the work has since gone under. Best advice I have is hit the shops up around you in person with the Bronco .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts