Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 91 is history and before it went to the big bronco graveyard in the sky I pulled the roll bar out of it and also took off the soft top.

The Soft Top is an STC top made of black vinyl with tinted windows. It snaps on, folds up or down and the sides roll up safari style. See the pics. This top is about 4 years old and is very good conditions. No rips or tears. It is missing a few snaps that need to be replaced and I will include a bag of replacement snaps. There are some wear marks and scratches on the plastic windows as well. Those marks are not pictured in these photos. This top requires about 100 holes be drilled to hold the brackets for the snaps. It will fit full size Broncos, though not recommended for 92 up Broncos because of the legality of top mounted seat belts and brake light. MSRP is around $500. I am asking $325 + shipping, Shipping is from zip 48312, weight is 55lbs and size is 48"x24"x5". I will discount face to face deals in Michigan. Installation instructions can be found at http://www.specialtytopco.com/

The roll bar was purchased from Jeff's bronco graveyard Item (# 37702) for 87-91 Broncos. Seems like it would fit others but I am not sure. I bought it new in the summer of 2004. It is a four point bar in three pieces and is 2"X.120 tubing. It has two support pieces that attach to the bar and to the wheel wells. It is in very good condition. It includes most of the nuts and bolts to fasten it down (I had to cut a couple off to get them out). It is in Jeff's catalog but I couldn't find it on the website. This thing is big and bulky so I will not ship it. Face to face deals only. $175. I will post a picture this weekend.

I almost forgot. I also have 4 original steel bronco wheels with the hub covers. No tires. Exactly like the ones in the picture except I don't remember if I have the chrome trim pieces, I will have to look. This was an extra set I had and not the ones on the vehicle above. I will not ship. $100 OBO.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I live in warren and I might be interested in your roll bar. The only thing is, I have a fast back convertible top and I don't know if the roll bar will clear the top.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have picture of it inside the truck. It does fit under both the hardtop and soft top. It may fit under a fastback top but I am not sure.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Roll bar pics?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
What happened to the nice bronco??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It got tagged in the left front. Tore off the left front wheel and hub and front bumper. Wrecked the fender. Just wasn't worth the cost of repairing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Tomorrow I we'll call JBG and get their opinion on it, if it will fit or not. Maybe I could come check it out. I read in an old JBG catalog that you don't need to remove the hard top for install. If thats the case I should be able to tell if it will fit with my soft top

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's fine, of course you could just buy my soft top and then you would know for sure. I'll give you package deal.:thumbup

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I miss it. Both my sons are away at college (and share a car). They came home at Thanksgiving. One borrowed it and got smacked. Wasn't his fault but he was very upset. Each of the boys had driven it through high school. A bunch of their friends came over to look at it before I got rid of it. They were really crying about all the good times they had in it (some of which, I don't want to know).

When I got it back from them last year, it needed some TLC and I've been working on it a little at a time to fix all the little stuff they let go. In fact my daughter gets her drivers's license in April and has been bugging me to let her drive it in high school. That Bronco was kind of a legend at the high school which she wanted to carry on. Alas, it is not to be.

It was too old and it was too broke to fix.

But the top and roll bar are good and hopefully will go to a good home.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hello, mabye sometime this week or next week I could come and check out your roll bar? It can fit in the bronco without removing the top? If I can have it in postion, I'll be able to tell if it will work with my soft top. Let me know.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
sweet soft top mac. sorry to hear about the 91, when my dad sold my first car a couple years ago, felt like he was sellin my kid or somethin. i miss it like no other. 84 caprice classic sedan, blue, 305, 700r4, police package(z-28 susp, hub caps, couple other things i cant remember). named it the ghetto sled. ran like a bat outa hell.

·
Registered
287 Posts
mac66 said:
Here you go...

I think the current price at Jeff's is $275.
What are looking to get for the roll bar?
What is measurement from front tube to rear mounting plate?

Shipping to 97045 Oregon City OR.?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
93BIGBLACKBRONCO said:
What are looking to get for the roll bar?
What is measurement from front tube to rear mounting plate?

Shipping to 97045 Oregon City OR.?
Sorry, I won't ship the roll bar. Too difficult to pack.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts