Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOLD - Soft Top - Custom Boat Canvas Fastback style

SOLD ON EBAY

This is off of my 84 Parts truck that is listed in another posting.

Custom made "Fastback" style soft top - $300 shipped
Pics show it on the truck. This is made from black boat canvas, not the cheap vinyl like others. It is in perfect condition. I removed the hardtop to fit the top and take pics, removed the top, folded it and am keeping it in the house until it is sold. There is no rear window and it attaches to snaps that were drilled into the body. I'll include all of the snaps from the body (they're pop riveted on, so I'll drill the rivets and you can have the snap) along with templates of where the snaps go. Would keep it for myself but I have a Kayline.

Lots of pics here...
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/646112

Thanks!
Erik

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ummmm, it might? What is the real difference between the 78/79 and 80/96 tops? As you can see in the pics, the top overlaps the top opening onto the body by a few inches. I don't know anyone with a 78/79 that I could test it on or measure. If you gave me some measurements I could compare them with the top or I can give you the measurements of the top? Or would someone on here with a fastback style top for your bodystyle that would give us measurements so I could compare?

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
also, are the snaps pretty heavy duty, i had one on my 86 and after a year of use i lost two snaps on the tailgate. also, how well does it keep the rain out?

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to measure where the snaps are located to see the overlap amount. Is your top design more squared off at the cab?

It attaches via snaps that you'd have to drill/screw into the body, so going back to a hardtop shouldn't be a problem at all. So far as I can tell the snaps are of a high quality. This came on a parts truck, so I don't know about how well it keeps water out when you're driving, but I can put the top back on and spray it down with a hose. It fits really tight, so my impression would be that its water tight. Truck doesn't run so I can't check about exhaust fumes, but I don't know how they would? I'd say you'd have to ask someone with a fastback style top about exhaust smell.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the delay. I measured the buttons and they are one inch from the edge of the body crease that is the rear opening. I also brought the top to a local junkyard yesterday that has a 78 Bronco with the hardtop still on it. Two of us held the top up to the side of the body of the 78 and it appears that it would follow the body lines fairly well. The only thing I noticed that would worry me is it appears that the top of the cab on the 78/9 is curved in or bowed? So I measured the total length of the center of the top and its 79 inches. In other words, if you had your top off what is the measurement from the center of the top of the cab at an angle down to the center of the tailgate? The fastback soft top I have measures 79 inches and I'm not sure if that will fit?

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still available and may fit 78-79 if I can find the right measurements of those years.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump, its now on Ebay, but I will end the auction early if someone on here is interested in it for the $300 asking price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts