Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in albuquerque new mexico and work for and am good friends with an upholstery shop. If you guys wanna kick around ideas draw something up and let me know what all of you guys want. in a soft top as far as design mounting hardware and colors..... Post some ideas they are interested in building a few testers i want one for my 78 so... they will be making me one

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
i agree, full top, hardware that uses the hard top holes, and sides that can be rolled up with the top still on. make sure snaps are good quality, we don't want them pulling through or breaking.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
put links to tops they currently make now up there....
THEY, don't make Soft tops for 78-79 broncos, JBG might be making one for 80-96 (dont quote me on that).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bimany top like boat style? with its on bars...that mount to the inside frame in the factory holes? it would be a bit pricey depending on the material we make it out of.... but it will be for all tops and draw something up and show me pictures of it and any other ideas and what not the owner is interested definately in producing a quality fabric

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts

Only requires one bow, room for backseat passengers. This is what I will be building (for myself, not for resale, don't get any ideas) next spring if no other option under $500 comes available before then. My dad is buying an industrial sewing machine to make sails for his house... err... sailboat... and said I could use it to sew up a soft top if I want to.

Dave

·
Registered
282 Posts
Only requires one bow, room for backseat passengers. This is what I will be building (for myself, not for resale, don't get any ideas) next spring if no other option under $500 comes available before then. My dad is buying an industrial sewing machine to make sails for his house... err... sailboat... and said I could use it to sew up a soft top if I want to.

Dave
I always thought it would be best if the bow mounted in the front corner and dropped to just behind the rear seat allowing the top to fold down into a tonneau from the rear seat to the tailgate. It might require shorting the rear window in a higher location.

I use my skyler tonneau in that fashion and really like it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.