Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the hunt for a soft top for Das Bronco..... I've searched and it looks like Im not the only one that needs one. Has anybody got lead on a manufacturer for these FSB's. Sorry if I missed it in the search.....

KT

·
Registered
533 Posts
i love how we answered this. the question. soft top? please bring it to my town. nice really nice.
there are none. have one made. jeff's brono graveyard shows one. not made.i will show you pics. i spent $600 on mine. if you like it maybe it would be cheaper than others. mines a fastback style.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1/2 cab conversion

P.M. Ranger 429. He had one on ebay that didn't sell that I know of. He was looking to get 600 for it. I believe it is an aftermarket 1/2 cab conversion made for second gen Bronco's Back in the early eighties. I wanted get get it for my Bronco, But don't have the funds for it,. But would love to see it on Das Bronco running against Stacy Davids Crazy Horse. On another name note, I named my Bronco Crazy Alice after the horse in a John Wayne movie (I think it was the Cowboys) All the kids had to ride it to prove their worth to go on a cattle drive. I would have named her Trigger after Roy Rogers horse, But old faithful she's not. Crazy Alice fits my Bronco perfect. Unpredictable. Well sorry for carrying on I'm a little bored this morning. Anyway I think he still has it. Good luck.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
another option is what i'm going to do on mine, couple of other on here have done it. take a hard top and make half cap out of it and then make a custom cover for the rear. i'm goign to just use soft clear plastic for windows side and rear(probably removable with snaps or velcro) and just get some material for the bed cover. just a thought

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
That top is for the later models. Some one said it can be retro'd to fit the 2nd gen. but i would wait for them to release their actual '78-'79 model top.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
JBG is supposedly going to do Gen 2 tops... eventually. I am getting the gen 3 top and will adapt it to my '79. Will do a write up on here when I'm done.

BF

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
i have a JBG magizine and they have them for a 78-79 bronco for $400 to $500
If you are talking about their catalog, I have the newest one and while they do advertise soft tops it is an old STC ad and there is a disclaimer which says they are no longer being offered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts