Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got some money to spend on a soft top for my 95.
Where do I go? I've search on this site first and other Bronco sites as well.
I can't find a place to get one with titnted windows and other than black (tan to be specific). That combination would be perfect. Not a Fastback style.
Please help. Summer will be over bfore I know it and money will dry out too.
Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know JBG has some nice ones in their catalog, not sure how up to date is is though. I think I remember hearing everyone quit making those tops.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everybody.
I had found the same two you have, defcon5...
I think JBG and that place are the only two that still sale them.
They are all black with clear windows. I might have to just go with that.
Will do a little more searching and if anything, I will let you guys know.
Thanks again:banghead

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those who have soft tops already.
Has anybody done ANYTHING to make the rear seatblts work?
I am thinking of installing sort of like a roll bar to mount belt brackets on.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah I think it was only the 92-96 that had the belts that attached to the top. Go to a pull-a-part location and snag any belts from 91 and older. Just lap belts but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
there was a discussion about this like last week or two weeks ago... check this link out http://aro2000.com/bronco_camper.htm.. They have options for either canvas or vinyl tops and also different colors... I think they are still in business I haven't tried to contact them at all..

·
Redneck Romeo
1,811 Posts
there was a discussion about this like last week or two weeks ago... check this link out http://aro2000.com/bronco_camper.htm.. They have options for either canvas or vinyl tops and also different colors... I think they are still in business I haven't tried to contact them at all..
That thread's been ongoing for quite awhile...here's a link to it: http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168393

This information is in that thread, among the 2 or 3 pages of posts, but I'll post it here to save the OP some time. I spoke with Putt Georgi, the owner of ARO2000, and he advised me that the full soft tops (similar to the STC/Kayline tops) are going to be very expensive to produce. They will not be a mass-production item, but rather will likely be made-to-order if someone wants one. They're not going to be cheap, either. But they will be high-quality, American-made tops. You could give him a call, he's a great guy to deal with, and he really knows his stuff.

Another option is a website that's mentioned in that thread -- Softopper.com I think is the site. They make soft camper tops for pickups (like Can-Back), and have expressed an interest in producing soft tops for FSBs, as well. IIRC, those tops will be available in black, tan, and gray, and are quite a bit cheaper than what ARO2000 would be able to build one for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
there's a trim shop here in caro, MI that will build you a fastback style top out of tonneu cover material with a window for like 250.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
This thread waas a dead thread, Also If you want a reg softtop than look up heafty, our local vender. He jst started carrying a soft top made by softtoper and can get the tops in tan with tinted dark windows. he's got a thread under the venders section. I also happen to have one of those tops but the tint I chose was light tint.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts