Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting this here to get as much exposure as possible.

OK, here is the deal. I have spoken with a company that is (as of now) willing to sell us the STC soft tops that have been shown on this site elsewhere, for approx. 430 bucks shipped to one address. that is if we can buy 10 of them.

It is not the greatest deal, but the cheapest I have found. My hopes were that we could bargain a little more, but I need to know what the interest is.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont post up and say you "wish if the money was there" or what ever other BS. I need to know who would really be willing to pony up the funds. If you say yes and I can get this to go through, I expect you to pay up. You know the kinda money we are looking at, so figure it would be around 430 for a new top. this will cover 78 to 96 broncos, except that it is your own problem for those of us with the rear brake lights, as no soft top out accomodates that issue. So if you get a ticket, its on you.
So again

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont post up and say you "wish if the money was there" or what ever other BS. I need to know who would really be willing to pony up the funds. If you say yes and I can get this to go through, I expect you to pay up.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Okay, I'm not posting BS here, but it might help your cause if you get a pic or two of it up here. Never heard of STC.

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
What about for 78-9's?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
(will superford throw a fit, for me linking to a picture here?...)

I like this style... if only there weren't so many holes to drill and silicone

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
welndmn said:
Don't forgot to figure in shipping. If they are shipping to one address, you need to add in about 10-15 more bucks to have them shipped to you.

I wish, if the money was there
acually, if it is that top, it comes in a BIG box. shipping from my house to zilla on mine in orinal box was $35 or so....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Heres a pic of the top down on my truck
(Well not all the way down th rear windows up)

I paid 490 for mine And it was worth every Penny if i didnt have one already id buy this

Matt--

Saving 60 bucks compared to bronco graveyard and i think its the best investment ive made to my truck

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Damn this comes at a bad time!!:banghead Canback is saying they'll have a new top for Bronc's soon, and I realy wanna see what they have to offer...No this isn't an I wish post...I've got the cash...and I WILL buy one (just don't know which)I'd just hate to lay down the cash just to have canback come out with a cooler one in a couple of weeks and me be saying, damn I shoulda waited....ya know??:shrug

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
with can-back always telling everyone, "soon" - myself included... I called them a couple years about it "in about 6mos" I was told - I wouldn't hold my breath. Those specialty tops are nice, but like most, I'm not thrilled about drilling holes in my wife's bronco... neither is she

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, so as it sounds there are a few already.

Blaze, do you wanna work the canback people and tell them that we have a group buy going on. either they commit to a date and sell several tops at once, or they can go fly a kite?
I am not set on the STC top, I just know that it is supposed to be fairly good quality. See if you could pin them down on a price and release dat.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Yea...no prob Plug...I'll give 'em a ring tommorow and see what I can do. It sounds like quite a few people have called recently and maybe if I call 'em up and ask them if we get XX amount of people to commit will they hurry the hell up on production and what kinda deals can we get in what quantities!:thumbup I'll let everyone know something tommorow evening....stay tuned here!:beer

P.S. Like Plug's already said though, ya'll need to chime in on who's DEFINATLY in. I could do alot better with actual figures...

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
Yeah, i would like to get a soft top, but like you im curious as to the quality. Does anyone have close up pics of the mouting hardware and the arms and such? Also, i noticed everyoner always rolls the windows up, but does the whole top fold down (like on a 'heep)?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts