Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking for a soft top to buy for my 95 bronco, i dont want the slope kind of top, i want either the kind that can be folded down or just a regular soft top. I cant seem to find one that is made for a 95 bronco, they are only for the older broncos. Would an older soft top for like a 91 still match a 95? thanks

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Yes. The reason you can't find one for a 92-96 is because they had the 3rd brake light on that body style and it is illegal for a company to sell something that causes you to remove that 3rd brake light. If you just get one for a 91 and put it on the company that made it isn't liable. You could technically get a ticket if a cop recognized that you were supposed to have a 3rd brake light but it's not very likely.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
If you're worried about it see if one of those brake lights that go in your receiver will suffice. If you don't have a receiver then see if a temp one mounted on the bumper or tail gate will suffice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Go to "STC soft tops" and go to there FAQ section. It will explain and answer your questions to a tee. Got mine from them last summer at it works like a blast. Cant wait for the spring so I can put it back on.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
julesbronc said:
i have been looking for a soft top to buy for my 95 bronco, i dont want the slope kind of top, i want either the kind that can be folded down or just a regular soft top. I cant seem to find one that is made for a 95 bronco, they are only for the older broncos. Would an older soft top for like a 91 still match a 95? thanks
You have not been searching enough.....

there are a billion past posts on this, and I try to keep up on them all...
STC on my '95:

actual install info and pics can be found here:
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=628&s=13093#content

there is one other style now without snaps that PlugUgly has. again if you search...

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Wow, you really are a troll.

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Sigh. You didn't even see the post before yours huh?

And YES.
Well technically no one is making the kayline/STC version anymore. There is a new version of soft top that Hefty sells that has zip out windows vs. rollup and uses a track system to hold the top instead of snaps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts