Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD⚠⚠⚠2004 King Cat 900 & complete package - $3000

Copied from my Craigslist ad: 2004 King Cat 900 & complete package)

Hate to do it... but I'm tired of seeing this bad-ass sled just sitting around and not getting used.

Arctic Cats, 2004 King Cat 900, with Reverse Gear. Carbureted, not EFI. This sled is in fantastic shape and ready to enjoy this epic season, right now. Runs hard, fast and reliable. Most upgraded features installed with less than 100 miles use. Just nobody to ride with anymore.

Details:
162 x 16 x 3 challenger extreme non-ported track
IceAge Rails w/fresh hyfax
WRP Assault Seat w/Bag
Billet 9" rear wheel kit
Goldfinger left hand throttle
Powder Pro skis
Speedwerx pipe & can
2" Handlebar riser block
Heated Grips
Reverse Gear

Sled Extras:
Racing track lift/stand (extended for 162 track)
Spare Hood (parts)
Spare 162 Track
Spare Handlebars
Clutch Belt & Plugs
Dedicated Oil Can
3 wood frame garage rollers (harbor freight)
OEM seat included
Generic snowmobile cover w/straps
Digital copy of Shop Manual

Avalanche Safety Extras:
2x DTS Beacon Trackers (gotta have one, to find the other)
Aluminum, collapsible depth probe
Aluminum, collapsible snow shovel
SnoBunje "COBRA" model

Pretty much everything you'll ever need, except a trailer or sled-deck. Trailer pictured, NOT included or For Sale. This is being sold as a snowmobile package. I am not interested in selling parts or pieces of this package. Buy it all and have everything you'll need... or piece it together yourself, for much more money. Without the sled, all this extra stuff is useless to me. I can deliver for the price of gas... after sale is complete (within reason, of course).

Pictures from 2013 but sled is in exactly the same condition. Can take fresh pics if needed but sled has only left the property once since then, for Avalanche Awareness and Companion Rescue class.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
sucks you need to let her go

looks like a real bad ass sled and if I had the need I would pay you a visit with an empty trailer!

hope you get what you need from it

·
Premium Member
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, thanks man. it's a crazy rocket-tank of a sled. When I first picked it up, I was going to be trying to keep up with a guy on a new SkiDoo Summit X 1000. I wanted to make sure I'd be able to keep up with him, without building a sled up over engineered tolerances, so I went big.

I was able to keep up with him... but barely. To my own surprise, I pulled away from another '05 King Cat 900 EFI with relative ease... across the frozen lake and straight up the hills. My buddy with the Ski-Dog blew his up 2 days before I got mine back out of the shop with all the little updates and then he moved away. I miss it already but I've been missing it for a few years as it is. It's criminal to have something like this and not get out and use it. I haven't sat down and crunched the numbers, but I've got to have close to 5k or more in the sled, the upgrades and the gear/accessories.

·
Premium Member
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Weber!

sold the Bronco today... so, not as desperate but the seasons closing out.
figure I'll leave the price here and if it doesn't sell... I'll drag it to the snow show next season.
you can make a killing in the parking lot. ;)

·
I ♥ TTB
4,205 Posts
Probably a great idea! I wish I had the coin as I'm in the market but not aggressively :thumbup

·
Premium Member
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if you change your mind... I'd be willing to make a little road trip just to shake your hand. ;)
but I'm still bringin' my golf trailer back home. :goodfinge :toothless

IF you do look into one of these older, big bore sleds keep in mind... pull start adds a lot of weight to the sled but pulling this 900 over is like trying to pull over an old shovel-head. Early on... I tried to buy a starter off eBay. What I thought was a great deal turned out to be just a starter motor. No motor mount, battery tray, wiring or anything. The more I looked into it, the more the law of diminishing returns started to kick in... and I decided not to bother.

I've gotten into the habit of sticking an old shop, blow dryer under the hood to warm it up a little before the first, cold start of the day. oddly enough... after the first morning start, I can pull it down the highway for 2 hours, unload it and it will pull right over. out on the trail... I can actually start it up with a single, seated pull after a quick snack/smoke break. I have read you can swap a newer M model pull starter in that has a little better spring setup but never felt it was worth all that. I also whip up a little bottle of oil/gas to pour into the plug holes for the first start of the season. Obviously... I only run non-ethanol through it.

Another thought... Reverse! Mine didn't have it installed when I bought it. Ordered the package from a dealer back east and had it installed by an old retired pro bike/sled mechanic I know. Hands down, the best $500 I spent on the thing. At 11 ft. long and 500+ lbs., getting un-stuck or avoiding getting stuck in the first place is so much easier. Doing without the reverse ends up tiring you out on the hills too fast and can end a good day much earlier than you want. Also makes loading and unloading on a regular trailer or a sled deck possible and that's been a major deal.

Sorry... I could go on and on. I really got into it for a few years.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,205 Posts
I hear ya buddy @BikerPepe', you're close enough we'll shake hands one of these days...

I've just recently got back into riding (glad I didn't sell my sled) A few of my friends got sleds this year, they've been baffled how I've been able to keep up and out ride their 7-800's on my little ol' 580 EFI (I'm thinking just more experienced)
Thinking I want an 800+ so hoping to find an older one for cheap. My buddy and I found a deal on CL with 2 sleds, 1 wrecked, 1 bad motor. We were able to slap them together and build him a sled for $300 :thumbup

Hoping to find some broken sleds once the snow melts and put a few more together.... I've been eyeing an older Kingcat (1000cc) but it's still old tech vs. something new, not sure where the future leads....

·
Premium Member
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually saw a guy selling modified a-arms for the 1M's that gave it nearly the same profile and stance of the newer "grasshopper" looking sleds.
There's also a small kit available to move the steering post forward a bit for better steering angle (wildchild, I think). Apparently these 2 modifications will put the old iron right up alongside the new for those that love the boondockin' style.

Never heard of an OEM KC 1000. Must have been built and bored up?

And yea... the size and ability of the sled doesn't mean jack squat if you don't know how to ride. I hadn't been on a snow-sled since I was a child before this one but by the end of the first season, I was catching and bypassing 2 of the 3 guys I was riding with at the time. Growing up... I was horrible on skies, skateboards, etc. Give me something with a motor (dirtbike, 3 wheeler, snowmobile, etc.) and I was right at home. Some folks just get the feel without having to over think it. Others... takes a lot more time, effort and concentration to find that sweet spot. Although... I have been called "crazy" a time or two over the years. :toothless

Sad thing now is... I haven't ridden it for a few years and would spend 1/2 my season just getting comfortable with the side-hilling and quick-whip turns, etc. again.

·
I ♥ TTB
4,205 Posts
My bad, it's a Thunder Cat 1000CC triple...

Last night my buddy and I stumbled on some sleds on CL and well, we got the guy to give us a package deal... Nothing fancy a 98/99 ZR600 and ZL500. Original owner and man! These things are clean! Came with new spare belts and covers...

Not for us but they'll be great for our families (wives and kids) And better news, our other buddy was looking at selling his 01 600 Powder special so he could get his daughter a smaller sled, so this might work out even better and we can trade him the ZL500 for her!

We're still on the hunt for newer/bigger sleds for us but we have all summer! I really wish I had a few grand to spare, sounds like a few more upgrades to yours and it'd be 'new tech'

I hear ya buddy, ski's, skates, skateboards are not my cup of tea but Bikes/Sleds/Etc its a no brainer! I miss my motocross days but my body couldn't take it now.... I need 4 wheels not 2 hahaha

·
Premium Member
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy Moley... if you want to go big and like Cat, that ThunderCat is hands down the top model made, engine wise at least. Think that thing set records that are still standing for OEM top speeds. Although... the name always make me think of Lion-O. :toothless

Awesome you got some ladies willing to get out there. My ol' lady is great on the back on the Hog but when I tried to get her into sleds, I messed up big time. Got her on the back on the King Cat and opened it up a little too much on the driveway. She woulda smacked me... if she wasn't busy holding on for dear life. :toothless
Too many years out delivering mail in the nasty cold and wet. She's just got no interest in playing in the snow. I'm surprised she doesn't want to move further south to get out of these winters... but luckily, we love the area so we stay and make the best of it.

I'm with ya on the too old for dirt-bikes... hell, I nearly got myself killed the last time I took her quad up in the hills to a buddies hunting camp. Sun started coming down and I was hauling ass down the old forest road back to the plow-beast, drifting corners and having a blast. Came around a corner and right up on a big ol' Moose cow. That bitch heard me coming and was already running at least 25 mph and I started to slowly catch up with her. As I thought to myself "I could probably reach out and slap that cow on the ass", another voice in my head interrupted, screaming "WTF MAN!?! That cows gonna flip around and kick yer skull in, dumb ass!" As soon as I let off the throttle, she bolted off the road and straight into the forest, through the brush. Not one of my brightest moments... but was one hell of a rush and a sight I'll never forget. :brownbag

·
I ♥ TTB
4,205 Posts
Haha! Awesome!
Sounds like a great time! I have those moments now and again...

Agreed I always think of Lion-O and the gang when I see the sleds pop up.

Yeah, my old lady is a good sport, she's always ridden quads, would rather drive a sled than ride as she's a bit of a sissy... I can barely get her to stay in the bronco if we're wheeling at all... She squeals if I break it a little free in the snow...

·
Premium Member
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well folks... WINTER IS COMING and I've still got this bad-ass sled I just haven't been able to motivate myself enough to sell. I could really use some cash after the recent long block though and nothings changed in my personal situation, so it's suicide for a gimp like me to try and really enjoy it out there on my own. I've been checking the market the last few days and the price is still appropriate and a pretty damn good deal when you add in all the extra's I'm giving away with it... so come get this monster sled and all the gear and parts that come with it and have yourself a very, Merry Winter! :toothless

·
I ♥ TTB
4,205 Posts
Congrats! @BikerPepe`
Glad you got her sold, I was able to score myself an '11 RMK 800, (Got it cheap as it needed to be rebuilt) Man I love this thing!!! Totally different though it's like learning to ride all over again :beer

·
Premium Member
35,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I hope it treats you well buddy. :beer
It was bitter sweet to load it up and wave goodbye and the money went through my hands in minutes.
Oh well. Such is life and I hate owing anybody, anything... so I feel better about that. :thumbup

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,128 Posts
:bday:bday:bday

Congrats on the sale and bill paying! Having that monkey on your back gets annoying fast

1 - 20 of 20 Posts