Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-SOLD-
$250
1974 Golden West Motor Home
25'
Dodge 360 Iirc
Clear title in my wife's name. We own it, but she'll be signing it to sell it
....(We're still married, she just transfered title without taking the time for a 2nd paperwork trip for my signature).
Non opp'd
Annual registration $67
It looks like mileage reads 31,333ish. I don't know how many times or if it's been over.

This thing needs work, & it's priced as such. If you're looking for a cheap fixer, this might be it. If you want one that's turn key, keep looking. I drove this home a few years ago & haven't done anything to it since. It was non-opp'd by the PO, 1 day permit to get it here, & non-opp'd ever since. The last tags were 2002. I have never used any of the equipment, the PO said it was ok, but I don't know if it is or not. Sold as is where is with no promises, guarantee, warranty, or iced tea. I've described it as best as I can, but look at the pics or come check it out yourself. I will not ship it.

The Good:
-It drove to my house.
-Old enough to not need smog inspections in California.
-25'. Big enough, but not too big to maneuver.
-It's cheap. $250.
-Fridge, stove, sink, toilet, shower, heater, air conditioner.
-Back bedroom has 2 couches that convert to 1 large bed.
-Dinette converts to 1 small bed.
-2 drop down bunks above the large bed (They feel like they should only be used for very small people).
-Closet, cupboards, drawers, & other storage inside.
-Storage underneath.

The Bad:
-It probably needs 2- 12v batteries.
-It hasn't been run in a few years.
-Brake issues. The PO said it needed a new master cylinder, so I swapped it & drove it home. The front brakes are not releasing after stepping on the brakes. Maybe the rod is out of adjustment, maybe the new MC is bad, maybe the front hoses are bad, maybe who knows what. I bled the front to get them to release to get it home. Hot fluid under pressure shot out.
-Cracked windshield.
-No generator.
-Stained junky curtains.
-Water intrusion issues. Some split wood. Look at the pics. Especially around the vents & the bathroom.
-Peeling ceiling in places.
-Loose mouldings & it's dusty throughout.
-It looks like there was a ladder removed from the back.
-1970s styling. Orange counters & shag carpet, harvest gold bath, flower print furniture, etc.

The Ugly:

The dinette table & cushions drop down to make the small bed.

Bunk up = cupboards overhead. Note the loose moulding. The dresser top folds out to fill in the center between the couches to to make the large bed using the back cushions.

Bunk down.

Down the hall. Bath on the right, "Master" Bedroom straight ahead.

Fancy door closed.

Bathroom.

Vents & water damage.
Kitchen.

Bath.

Bedroom.

Air conditioner.

Roof.

From inside the antenna folds down to travel, & rotates to adjust the signal.

A few more pics.

Bottom line, it's a $250 motor home. It looks like it has some usable stuff, but it needs work. That's why it's a $250 motor home.

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,238 Posts
damn... another spare room just waiting to happen. :banghead Good luck on the sell... well worth it, if you just need some extra space for guests and such to stay, if you got a spot to park it.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,518 Posts
I'll show it to my dad Ken.

not sure he wants this large of a project...but never know.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,518 Posts
He said not at this time Ken. Price looked ok, but its in CA and he would want it in ND. It doesn't fit my trailer.

good luck.

·
Urban Assault Bronco
1,280 Posts
wonder how much it would cost to get to Colorado Springs, Colorado. i would love to buy this, as my kids constantly bitch about sleeping in a tent but love going camping, and i have 4 more months of camping left before deployment, AGAIN!

·
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im sort of tempted here.. what would be the possibility of driving it 100 miles home?

it probably wouldn't' go over real well once i got it here is my only problem.. hmm.
It seemed to run ok when I brought it home, but it's been sitting ever since. I only drove it a few miles, so I don't know how it'd do over distance currently, but the PO used it regularly before he downsized. The water intrusion happened while I was ignoring it here. It still has brake issues that would need to be addressed before driving.

He said not at this time Ken. Price looked ok, but its in CA and he would want it in ND. It doesn't fit my trailer.

good luck.
Thanks Tom, I understand, ND is quite a ways off. Too bad, I was hoping to maybe swap it for some EB parts. :toothless So how are things going up there?

wonder how much it would cost to get to Colorado Springs, Colorado. i would love to buy this, as my kids constantly bitch about sleeping in a tent but love going camping, and i have 4 more months of camping left before deployment, AGAIN!
It's too bad you're so far away, for this price it seems like it work out for someone with the time & ability to square it up. It's been too low on my list for too long. My kids are grown, & we've got a little pop up trailer that works for us, so this has become a project that I'm not going to get to.

·
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
-SOLD-
I figured that the end of this story should be told. I have had a hard time finding a new home for this. No takers online. The local JY & recycling centers said no motorhomes. Even if I drove it in. I found a guy who would haul it off & "would only charge me $2,500". :shocked I thought I was going to end up cutting it up in the driveway & parting it out.

Then we came across an ad for someone who participates in Irwindale Speedway's "Night of Destruction". Sort of a demo derby. Races with all sorts of vehicles pulling trailers. Camping trailers, boat trailers with boats, & who knows whatall. And he wanted old motorhomes. I charged the batteries, fired it up, & gave him a call.

He came out last weekend for a look. We cut a deal. He'd come soon to take it & get ready for the race. Then he came back with a younger guy for another look. Turns out the young guy wanted to take it on as a keeper project instead. They asked if it was ok to not wreck it after all. I told him that was fine & I was glad to see it go to someone who could use it. It did not need to be wrecked on my behalf. It wasn't mine anymore anyway.

They picked it up this week. And drove it off, only to have the fuel filter clog along the way. They swapped the filter & drove it the rest of the way home.

I think I have room for more Broncos now. :toothless

·
Administrator
22,827 Posts
-SOLD-
I figured that the end of this story should be told. I have had a hard time finding a new home for this. No takers online. The local JY & recycling centers said no motorhomes. Even if I drove it in. I found a guy who would haul it off & "would only charge me $2,500". :shocked I thought I was going to end up cutting it up in the driveway & parting it out.

Then we came across an ad for someone who participates in Irwindale Speedway's "Night of Destruction". Sort of a demo derby. Races with all sorts of vehicles pulling trailers. Camping trailers, boat trailers with boats, & who knows whatall. And he wanted old motorhomes. I charged the batteries, fired it up, & gave him a call.

He came out last weekend for a look. We cut a deal. He'd come soon to take it & get ready for the race. Then he came back with a younger guy for another look. Turns out the young guy wanted to take it on as a keeper project instead. They asked if it was ok to not wreck it after all. I told him that was fine & I was glad to see it go to someone who could use it. It did not need to be wrecked on my behalf. It wasn't mine anymore anyway.

They picked it up this week. And drove it off, only to have the fuel filter clog along the way. They swapped the filter & drove it the rest of the way home.

I think I have room for more Broncos now. :toothless
good deal

·
7,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yeah, I was glad to see someone get it who'd be able to get some use out of it.

I forgot to mention that the buyers gave us tickets to the "Night of Destruction". We had a blast. Figure 8 race, skid plate race (front wheel drive cars with skid plates instead of rear tires), a jet car that lit up & toasted a junker parked behind it, demo derby in the infield, & the big trailer race which is judged according to the most entertaining performance during the race. There was a boat that lost its trailer but was still being drug around. Camping trailers with dummies hanging out of the windows. I found the videos below online. They are from another night but give an idea of the event.

Trailer racing. Race starts around 5:20. The #50 gray El Camino might be the 1st buyer. I think he said he usually drove an Elky.

Skid plate racing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts