Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
this one is looking very very good right now to me. the turbo diesel is wuts turning me on. wut kind of mpg would you expect from this? and wut does pto mean?
http://salem.craigslist.org/car/547106930.html
im so excited i might go take a look at it this week.:chili:
Personally, no I would not buy that truck... atleast not without thuroughly inspecting it first.

PTO Stands for Power Take Off... basically it's an accesory run off of the vehicles engine.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
PTO = Power take off

its to use the engines power to do something else for example a winch

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Avoid the truck like herpes. It might look tempting now, but once you get sores on your happy place you'll wish you hadn't touched it.

·
What?
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i love the whistle of turbo diesels. i think at this price its a good deal. and diesels get good gas milage usually. i think it has a lot of potential

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
well i love the whistle of turbo diesels. i think at this price its a good deal. and diesels get good gas milage usually. i think it has a lot of potential
What makes you think it's priced the way it is? Because it needs work.
Do you really wanna be driving around in a truck that needs work, just because it's a diesel and the turbo sounds cool?
It's just not exactly practical for what you need as a daily.
And that parted about the frame being "professionally lengthened"... that throws up a big red flag for me. Why on earth did they need to extend the frame? And who says that whoever did it, did a good job, and that 15 miles after you buy it the frame isn't going to snap into 2 pieces?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
i know, wtf is up with the frame. but i would like a fullsize that could get good gas milage with a diesel.
Your not really gonna get good gas milage with a fullsize truck regardless of the motor...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
not rly true, dad's f250 with the turbo diesel gets 18 mpg
Yah... a newer diesel... the technology now-a-days in leaps and bounds over what it was back in '72.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
In my opinion, it is a neat truck. Judging by your not knowing what PTO means, and just the general way you are reacting towards this truck, I would have to honestly say it is not for you.

It is for sure not something you can just hop into, turn the key, and drive 500 miles whenever you feel like. And you sure won't get over 14MPG with it, I'm quite sure.

For $1500 you can get a decent 4x4 gas motor F150. Save the turbo diesel until you can afford it, then get a nice one.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
If its for a daily driver then I would say NO!! But this would be a very cool truck as a project!!! If your looking for a project truck then I would deff check it out atleast. If the frame has been extended I'm guessing its a flat bed?? But keep in mind that a 6 cyl is one heavy SOB. So if your thinking of wheeling it a Dana 60 would be in order if it doesnt all ready have one. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The thing about buying a lifted truck from someone you cant tell if they Hemi'd it , or if the guy new what he was doing. Now dont get me wrong you can buy from someone that did a perfect job, or glued parts on with crazy glue. And the only way to know is to check each lift component. I have always been a fan of buying a stock truck then installing the lift myself. I know its done right, and im not worried about weather the previous owner beat on it. My suggestion. Look for a stock truck and drive it around for a while to make sure nothing major is bad, then buy the lift. Or try to find someone on here thats selling. At least youll know you got a 98% chance the lift was done right... good luck.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts