Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Bronco XLT with stock suspension and 31x10.50r15 BFG All-Terrains and 2inch wheel spacers. It looks ok but it’s not enough. I recently bought some 35x12.50r17 Nitto Mud Grapplers without rims and I need to find some soon. Of course, in order to fit 35’s you need some lift. Some say it’ll fit with a 4inch bu5 I’m gonna play it safe and go with a 6. I’ve heard that it is a pain in the @ss to keep a ttb properly aligned so I did some research and found out that a Dana 44 from a 73-79 f100 has the same radius arm and coil spring setup. Does anyone know if you can swap axles directly? I know I have to find a 1/2 ton single cab cuz the rest are leaf sprung. Is there a 5-6 inch lift kit for this axle swap? Can I just get longer coil springs and radius arm drop brackets/extensions? I’ve seen a few videos on YouTube but they say nothing about lifting it. Any help would be nice. Thanks y’all! 👍🤘

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
15,126 Posts
The swap you describe is the easiest one.

You need a d44 from preferably 78 or 79. They are the best design: high pinion, open knuckles, etc. And yes you need the radius arms.

Cut all of your current suspension off, including all brackets. Center new axle in wheel well, and fabricate from there. By moving your spring buckets up or down, you can accommodate any spring you want . Mount a track bar and mou t the radius arm brackets.

This is very over simplified, and you'll need to research much more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts