Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Ford 8 lug dana 44 outters ( from caliper brackets, out) and was wanting to just get new hubs/rotors rather than use the old ones I have (or at least new rotors).
Can I use ~any~ D44 hubs/rotors (from say dodge or chevy) as long as they're from the bigger spindle variety? Didn't GM have two sizes of inner bearing on their 8 lug stuff? Any sources recommended?
I had found them on NAPA's website once, but lost everything when my computer died (again) a week ago, and couldn't find them again last night.
If I can get the exact part numbers, I seem to have better luck when ordering from my local store. Also, I found a guy who's got some for sale, from a <large bearing> chevy but isn't able to get me a part number.
Thanks.

-m

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
dude i know there old, but i slapped the ones i bought on and i am still running them. didnt even get new bearings, just regreased them. i know if you move the whole package over the chevy stuff will work, but since your ordering new you should be able to get the stuff at a parts store. raf used all new stuff, he should be able to tell you what to get. you say you want new, but your going to buy used chevy rotors from some guy? any junkyard should have the ford stuff or any parts store should be able to get the correct ford parts. advance is cool cause they have pictures on file that you can look up. AXE

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Why are you trying to replace the hubs? They're not exactly a wear item... as long as the races and studs are tight, you're good to go.

I'd look for whatever app the parts came from... 3/4t Ford, Chevy, whatever. The different manufacturers are going to have different caliper offsets and diameters, so unless you're looking to build a caliper bracket or use Wilwoods or something....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seboh said:
Why are you trying to replace the hubs? They're not exactly a wear item... as long as the races and studs are tight, you're good to go.

I'd look for whatever app the parts came from... 3/4t Ford, Chevy, whatever. The different manufacturers are going to have different caliper offsets and diameters, so unless you're looking to build a caliper bracket or use Wilwoods or something....
I'm considering replacing the hubs and rotors as a whole because the ones I found for sale, come as a whole.

They're NIB, with a description of " D44 8-lug, hubs/rotors, for chevy/dodge." Through email, the seller said they are for the larger spindle variety of chevy. He's not able to provide any part#'s eighther.
I'll just let it go. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts