Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1987 -- 4.9L -- 4 SPD MAN
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the build is underway...the Solo Motorsports Stage 2 is getting installed and it is not for the faint of heart if you are a one man band. Excellent kit however. For not having been driven in 20 years she runs like a top now and I hope she rides smooth after this install is complete. 2 full days of work at 104 degrees outside.

Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Wheel Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
699 Posts
Good work. Can’t wait to see more. Subbed

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
96 Posts
Awesome, I'm running solo radius arms on my bronco currently and will eventually be installing my coilovers and extended beams but right now it is too hot to work on the bronco. Are you by chance in arizona?

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,400 Posts
I have the stage 2 kit. Doesn’t fit quite right on the passenger side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, I'm running solo radius arms on my bronco currently and will eventually be installing my coilovers and extended beams but right now it is too hot to work on the bronco. Are you by chance in arizona?
I am in Las Cruces, NM. I finally got it back on it's wheels last night but have to bleed the brakes and do a final tightening of everything. Then the Deaver Q80s and long travel shackles are next. This thing is gonna be tall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So it's back on it front wheels. I am still waiting on some new steering components so I can get it moved and settle the front a bit before I tackle the rear suspension. The tires are 285/70-17 on methods.

Next up after suspension is the rattletrap/vinyl install and new seats (mastercrafts). Then finally the body is going to get some love. The door wrinkles are from a 4-wheeling trip with the family when a gust of wind caught the door and yours truly (I was 13 years old or so) couldn't hold on to it and wrapped forward a bit.

Any thoughts on the Protofab rear bumper with tire carrier? I like it but I have never seen one in person.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Plant

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Sky

·
Registered
1996 Ford Bronco XL
1,400 Posts
So it's back on it front wheels. I am still waiting on some new steering components so I can get it moved and settle the front a bit before I tackle the rear suspension. The tires are 285/70-17 on methods.

Next up after suspension is the rattletrap/vinyl install and new seats (mastercrafts). Then finally the body is going to get some love. The door wrinkles are from a 4-wheeling trip with the family when a gust of wind caught the door and yours truly (I was 13 years old or so) couldn't hold on to it and wrapped forward a bit.

Any thoughts on the Protofab rear bumper with tire carrier? I like it but I have never seen one in person.

View attachment 199810
View attachment 199809
View attachment 199808
I have the protofab bumpers. I do not recommend the rear bumper. The handle designers flawed and rusts. Go with the one that bronco air sells.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts