Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...tryin' to burn the house down........:shocked

Well, actually not. Probably a coal fell out of the bottom of the grill and the wind we've been having lately got it started. But the fire guys sure like to tear things up...:toothless...called it in to State Farm.

No real damage but we'll get a new porch floor out of it. Joists are okay except for a little charring.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,063 Posts
Charcoal grill on a wood porch Marv, c'mon you should know better?? I bought one of those fire retardant mats for the deck when I cook outside, for just that reason.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've tried to be very careful, but this one got by me...:banghead Anybody want some really good pork spare ribs? Still got half a slab left.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
marv said:
Yah! But wait'll my wife sees it. She ain't home yet........:whiteflag...:twak...:box0715:
:histerica well glad it wasn't worse... have to tell us what she says... should be some good ebntertainment for us... what's the deductable through state farm for that...??

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, here's a couple of the volunteer fire guys. The kid on the right in the grey sweat runs the local Bumper-to-Bumper. His Grandpa used to be the fire chief.

bigbroncojeff said:
what's the deductable through state farm for that...??
We've got a $500 deductible on our homeowners policy.

BTW, the State Farm claims adjuster just called.....comin' out tomorrow...:chili:

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
marv said:
Yah! But wait'll my wife sees it. She ain't home yet........:whiteflag...:twak...:box0715:

oh man. maybe you can blame it on the cat or something. hey, remember that guy who had the burning mouse light his house up? since you read the story, you have been ever vigilant and were able to catch it before the house caught. :thumbup

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
ScorpionBoy said:
oh man. maybe you can blame it on the cat or something. hey, remember that guy who had the burning mouse light his house up? since you read the story, you have been ever vigilant and were able to catch it before the house caught. :thumbup
Those darned cats! :toothless

Close call, glad it turned out well....so far

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Congrats Marv, this should get ya on the couch for awhile.

Why are you giving away the ribs? Something wrong with them or are you just afraid to cook now? :toothless

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
arkansawer said:
Why are you giving away the ribs? Something wrong with them or are you just afraid to cook now? :toothless
Nah. They turned out real good. Wifey swore 'em off - diet y'know. But a WHOLE slab? Gonna have to freeze 'em.

Now cats'n'mice? Hate 'em both. We don't have mice, and I think I killed off the last ferral cat around here. No alibi there....:shrug

Wife took it nice; asked, "What happened?", so I told her that I tried to burn the house down, but failed...;)

Funny thing is that the other day I was thinking that the white lattice that keeps coming loose needs to be redone. Then I thought, :rolleyes: hell, I'd just redo the whole porch. I guess I've got a good start.......:pickle:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts