·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,298 Posts
And not a VW to be seen. I lament the representation of a wasted life.

·
Ultra Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,298 Posts
...and that is why it said collectibles.
Oh yeah? Well I was going to snap a pic of an example of a very valuable collectible but I couldn't find all the parts to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: cobrajoe

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,615 Posts
My kid pick us up a project already.
B079B88D-72FB-46AD-B830-E7D5B99CE8EC.jpeg

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
WTF?
Half the cars say “believed to be”. Nice BullNose 85 tow truck...but, no title????

I’m bidding on this. That way, I can claim bragging rights that I “own” all these rides!!!!
93C208A0-AFC2-4D2D-A0BB-251B325E23CD.jpeg

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,615 Posts
WTF?
Half the cars say “believed to be”. Nice BullNose 85 tow truck...but, no title????

I’m bidding on this. That way, I can claim bragging rights that I “own” all these rides!!!! View attachment 164765
Not sure where that’s at but one would come to the logical conclusion that that should be illegal?! If not I’m pulling all the vin plates off the cars we part and scrap with good title, hell I could have had two decent ford trucks by now with a quick hot wire.

·
Ultra Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not sure where that’s at but one would come to the logical conclusion that that should be illegal?! If not I’m pulling all the vin plates off the cars we part and scrap with good title, hell I could have had two decent ford trucks by now with a quick hot wire.
Keep in mind, a lot of the earlier vehicles did not have a Vin tag, numbers were sometimes stamped in the chassis, but not on all cars, sometimes the only tag would be the body tag on the firewall. I believe in the 20's and 30's, FORD used the engine serial number as the VIN number. I don’t have one on my 1939 Ford; the Vin number/motor number is stamped on the chassis under the fender. There is no number on the firewall or body anywhere other than the body number. So, I am assuming, and I can’t stress this enough; I'm only assuming, that these may not be the original engines, or there are no engines in some of these vehicles Therefore, they can only guess at the year of manufacture. I would think this would be for liability reasons, such as misrepresenting a vehicle.
Just my two cents

For example:
Model A Vehicle Serial Number and Location
As shown above in the 1928 Model A Ford Instruction Book, Ford did in fact specify the engine number to be the 'serial number' of the vehicle, during the Model A (and B) era, and throughout the 1930's. The Specifications and License Data page above in the Instruction Book is quite clear and specific about this.
It is popularly but incorrectly claimed that the serial number of the vehicle was a frame number. Actually, not all Model A vehicles even had a frame number. A great many did not have a frame number stamped, and it varied depending on when and which of the more than two dozen assembly plants completed the vehicle final assembly. There is no Ford literature available indicating a frame number was ever intended for any primary identification of a vehicle by Ford.
When present, the frame number was a duplicate of the original engine number of that chassis. The engine number was assigned and stamped at the Rouge and was usually, but not always, later stamped on the top of the frame flange at the vehicle assembly plant as a backup to aid in positive identification of stolen vehicles. In the 1930's, vehicle theft was actually quite a large problem.
A check for a possible frame number requires removal of the body and fender splash aprons from the frame. Any number present is frequently obscured or illegible due to corrosion and pitting from moisture held by the cotton frame webbing between the frame and body.
The engine number, not a frame number, was the original serial number of the vehicle for title and registration purposes. This is true throughout the Ford Model A and B US and Canadian production era.

·
Ultra Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely some parts I’m interested in, timeline for removal sucks though....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts