Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if any of you play counter-strike or not but were I am I have no option for any form of high speed internet so keep that in mind.

I have searched and every page that shows up on google are all the same, Get high speed internet and get over it. Well :banghead not an option.

I keep getting the CL_FlushEnitiyPacket error. and my ping hits the low - mid thousands. and the tap out is 4095 for latency.

Does any one know any way to try and get the ping back to a playable level, for me i would be happy with 300-500. And when I stop playing for any amount of time when i start again i tend to suck.

So I am trying to find a way so I can continue playing with out dropping a pretty penny on hispeed internet. TimeWarner (the only cable provider for the area) wants $27,500 :shocked to run the cable and when I call about satilite the FAP (Fair Access Policy) scares me alot about how much your allowed to download/upload and I would be over the limit for the next 48hrs in 20mins of being online.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Get Sprint Mobile Broadband... more then likely, you're in a 3G coverage area.

The old CL_FlushEP error is just something you're going to have to live with.

You can try doing these commands in your console, and see if they help at all:

rate 3000
cl_rate 3000
cl_updaterate 10 (play with this, start at 10, drop to 5 if it gets worse, go up if it gets better)
cl_cmdrate 10
fps_modem 0

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nextel, Sprint, T-Mobile, Cingular all = no reciption, the only service provider in the area that gets receiption is verizon wireless. I tried there service for there so called "hi speed" internet and i gave up when i did the 2wk trial canceled it before it ended. I figured why pay 60$ when I can get the same speed for $13.

When I tried it a while ago, and windows xp glitched out like it does every once and while when using the wireless internet access it locks at 115.2kbs but was actually connecting at 56kbs so i gave up on the hispeed net with out dropping the coin of which i dont have.

I will give the cmds you mentioned and see if it works better. and makes it more playable.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
You may only have 1xRTT coverage in your area, which yeah, is basically on par with your dialup modem.

One thing you could have tried (best bet is to get on the cell forums and see if there is a EVDO user around you that has a nice setup) but use a big antenna, or a powered signal booster to try and hit a EVDO tower. Makes a world of difference in speed.

Yeah, basically, if all you have is 56k, and if you don't have DSL available, you've probably got crap phone lines around you too (hurts the 56k speed), the FEP error is gonna be a constant battle.

Shit, most CS servers will boot you for having a high ping, if the other douches don't freak out about your latency first.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The phone lines can run dsl here no probs, i've had over 5 field techs tell me that to my face, but the engineer at verzion in my area says no and didnt even look at the box which i have been told is a paragain box system and that it is all set up for dsl, i fought with them for over a month no one in verzion gives a damn.

and there is an EVDO signal around, couple of towns up about 30 miles away but its not the hispeed evdo signal :cry I brought my laptop to an area of EVDO signal were they said I would get the 1-2mbs down (which i was paying for) but it was only 56k again :banghead in a few more years verizon will put more towers in

Edit btw i am on average connection speed for my dial up is 48k with down speeds on average of 5-7kbs. but counter-strike sets the defualts to a 768k connection, and those settings you said to try made a world of difference my ping went from low-mid thousands to 120-200. much better now i can play i still lag out every now and then but atleast when i do its only for a second and not minutes before my game resyncs with the server.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I don't understand the DSL thing... I'd just keep finding different people to talk to until someone finally comes out with a box... if there's signal there, there's no reason why they shouldn't say yes.

EVDO *is* high speed, if you were going slower then balls, you were probably connected at 1xRTT. I know with my sprint card, if I don't go into the options and force it to EVDO+, it'll default to 1xRTT and go slower then balls for about an hour, and eventually it'll switch to EVDOrA after a while.

Glad to hear those settings worked. Back when I had dialup and played CS, I had three different groups of settings for each cl_ function that I'd play with and eventually just by hitting bound keys, I'd find the setting that worked best for the server.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well for dsl the enginer (the lazy ass who dont give a flying crap) just looks at a computer screen and says no.

And after cancling my hispeed internet with verizon wireless they told me that even though the signal is EVDO the speed is 1xRTT as there towers cant handle full EVDO speed yet :cry

It is a matter of getting the right verizon idiot in the right place at the right time for me to get it. (dsl)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts