Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired, and it's 8 degrees outside. The garage ain't much warmer! :toothless

This first batch are of the modified engine harness. I ran new lines to injectors #3 through #8, and pulled the IAT sensor connector & lines up and out of the engine harness to run it over to the new IAT in the air box. All lines are silver soldered and shrink-wrapped. Note that I'm not done with wrapping the harness; this was just an opportunity for picture-taking. :thumbup

Attachments

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more. :toothless The one of the two sheets of paper side-by-side is the PCM mapping for 5.8L harnesses, both speed-density and MAF/California. Good to have handy, along with an abbreviated schematic.

The MAF sensor harness connector, I had to hack myself. NO ONE has the correct connector for some reason! NAPA, VatoZone, etc. can all get the one for passenger cars, but not one for truck MAFs for some reason. :banghead

BTW, I bead-blasted the MAF body tonight, so it's no longer muddy and brown; paint coming soon. :D

Attachments

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you gonna wrap the harness with?
Going to use the factory-style black loom stuff. I found it's a TON cheaper at Lowes. You can get like 10 feet of the 3/8-inch stuff for less than $5 there. They also have larger sizes for about the same price. :thumbup

Good thing I kept one of my old EEC-IV harnesses from my Mustang MAF conversion! These little pins are hard to find in the boneyards anymore.

I thought I'd upload the pics of the air pump for people who think they drag the engine down. Well, there you have it. All that's inside are a couple of plastic flippers and a metal thing to hold them, along with three sets of roller bearings. I'm just going to regrease them and put it back together before remounting it with stainless hardware.

NM the Y-pipe's HEGOs. The one farthes away is one of the new Denso HEGOs I bought, and the closest one is the old Bosch I'm leaving in the small connector pipe for an a/f gauge. Eventually, if I can get my hands on a twEECer, I'll pop a wide-band in there and really start tweaking things. Hopefully one day it'll lead up to a stroker and blower. :D

Attachments

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few more. The header now has a fitting for air injection welded into the collector, and the entire piece has been bead blasted.

Speaking of, there's the MAF body I promised I'd clean up. No, none of the interior parts exposed to the intake stream were blasted, so the calibration should be unaffected.

Have mercy on me for the weld quality, I'm stuck using a flux-core 110'er Craftsman. :cry

Attachments

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stuff I found is automotive-rated, believe it or not. Ideal brand, made in USA, rated for -30 to +200 degrees F. Even if it melts, it'll be inside a nice sheath of Super33 3M tape and high-temp friction tape at contact points. :thumbup I've used this stuff before, and all of it looks pretty factory once I finally closed it all up. I'm working on it right now...but it's 4 degrees outside.... brrrrr!!!

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
200F Polyethylene loom won't last long and the electrical tape will get slimy.
It might look factory for a month

1 - 9 of 9 Posts