Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had a decent storm come through Northern California. News says 40-50mph winds in areas. Heres some pictures i got driving through my area.

View from my sons room into my neighbors backyard

this is a common sight throughout town

an apartment complex down the street

neighbors across the street

another down tree down the street, there must be 15 or so just in my neighborhood.

just a random fence down

well that about wraps it up for now.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh im sure we got up there in the 60's in the airport area and around Rio Linda. And yeh i want to drive through my neighbors back yard with my BKO looks like fun. .

·
Registered
40 Posts
In November we had 80+ MPH winds. Dropped a few trees and even took a piece of one of my neighbors roof off... sheet of 4X8 and all.

·
Harmful if swallowed
2,115 Posts
Pansies. Thats a weekly occurrence down here in the summer. From all the reports it sounds like it is the end of the world in California :goodfinge

Seriously though, hope yall made out ok.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Ewww...that sucks. Hope everythings ok. Any water damage from all that water? Flooded basment?

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Here's our brunt of it up on Vail Pass

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
man, looks like Sac got hit hard.

Its not so bad around here. No sunlight for 2 days or so, and LOTS of rain. So much mud and puddles everywhere. They say this is one of the top 10 storms in the last 50 years around here.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
It was windier then hell here too. I have one oak that split down the middle and fell but other then that theres no problem. As sson as the ground dries out enoufgh where I can get my truck to it I'll cut the rest of it down and haul it out. I also found out I need to make some supports for the upstairs stove pipe which is about 8' above the roof. I was watching that thing in the wind and it was really moving all over the place. Only other excitement was I put my garbage can out on thurdsay night, then when I went to work on Friday the can was 200 feet down the street, empty, with trash blown all over the place.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
Looks like there is some money to be made with a chainsaw

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
we actualy got 70 mph winds from the news reports this morning. And if your in Fernley Nevada you got the worst of it all from the pictures I saw it looks like New Orleans after Katrina. I guess there levee broke and flooded out the town.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I never liked Fernley anyways. Especially since they put that god dammed traffic circle round-a-bout thingy in. I wish hell on the town.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
Pansies. Thats a weekly occurrence down here in the summer. From all the reports it sounds like it is the end of the world in California :goodfinge

Seriously though, hope yall made out ok.
that's what i was thinking... pffft 60 mph lol.... i didn't know that could even knock trees over... we loose fences but never trees

and yes... hope everyone is ok:thumbup

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The oaks out here just aren't used to that kind of wind, we never get winds that high. A lot of the oaks get moss growth year after year and with the rain then winds it made them top heavy.

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
i know... i still get to poke fun... our oaks on the southside of town all have tons of moss on em and all lean away from the coast a little:toothless... but they are rooted pretty damn well apparently

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I just found out a 40+ inch pine tree leveled the shitter at the camp down to nothing but splinters. Can't wait to go check it out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts