Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1993 Bronco with the 5.0 and a 5 speed transmission, which I just had some quick questions about. I've recently just dropped about 1500 bucks into the thing when I stepped on the clutch and blew out my clutch master, clutch slave, and the transfer tube between them. My mechanic gave me a call shortly after and said that the clutch slave cylinder was actually located inside the transmission housing, which isn't too normal for the a V8 truck, or so he says. A few weeks before this incident, I blew out my shifter, which sucked but I didn't have any money for it, so i was just driving it until i could find a replacement, but the thing is that Ford has discontinued the parts, and apparently this engine/tranny set up is so rare in this year that I haven't even been able to find a model number for my tranny, let alone replacement parts. Fortunately, my mechanic knew the parts numbers for the parts he needed and was able to find them, but i don't want to get screwed over down the line and wind up not being able to find the parts for an otherwise perfect truck. So if anyone has had a similar issue, or knows where i can find the model number of the actual transmission, or even just the model number of the transmission it would be extremely helpful. Another thing, my engines got about 120k miles on it, which I know isn't a whole lot for these cars, but being a broke ass college student it would put me at ease to know i have a spare engine sitting around just waiting to go in this truck. If anyone would know if any ford 302 engine would fit, ie a H.O. from a mustang or something, that would be helpful too, just so I could pick one up for maybe 50 or 100 or 150 bucks and start the rebuild process just so i'd know that if my engine does decide to go i wouldn't have to drop 3000 dollars to my mechanic to replace an engine i know i can do. Thanks a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts