Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a list of things I need for my 96 Bronco.
*steering box (new)
*front mount 2" box receiver
*RS5000 5115 5116 5117 + stabilizer cartridges (new)
*grey dash pad (clean)
*slotted rotors and pads (new)
*tailgate window weather seal (new)
If you know where I can get these things at good price a link would be helpful.
I have not bought anything online for my truck yet so if you there's anyone I should stay away from please PM me
Thanks FSB

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
For the power steering pump, get a saginaw pump. They work alot better and there's one on E-Gay right now with the bracket being sold by an FSB member (I forget which one).
Slotted rotors- I would say just get the stock ones turned and stick with them. The little improvement with slotted rotors I feel arn't worth the cash. A better and cheaper improvement on the brake system is to swap out your rubber lines for stainless ones. This will give you more pedal pressure since the metal doesn't expand like the rubber. Plus, the rubber one's are probably shot anyway.
LMC sells the tailgate weather strip. If I remember correctly, it was like $70.

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
A great improvement for the brakes is to get rid of the vacuum booster and replace it with one that is powered by the power steering pump. These give you alot more power.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool thanks for the heads up. I just got back from towing a 23ft 4500lbs boat 600 miles back and forth from up state ny. Stopping on the hwy with the big tires tends to get the rotors hot. Im hoping slotted drilled rotors will run cooler. Otherwise everything else seems to work good . Also I need the steering box not the pump. I have some play at the wheel which makes it wonder on uneven pavement. The wheel will turn a few degrees before the pitman arm moves. I made small adjustment about 1/4 turn in on the adjustment screw but I sense its on it way out. how far can that screw be turned in before it dont return to center anymore?

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
96 FSB said:
cool thanks for the heads up. I just got back from towing a 23ft 4500lbs boat 600 miles back and forth from up state ny. Stopping on the hwy with the big tires tends to get the rotors hot. Im hoping slotted drilled rotors will run cooler. Otherwise everything else seems to work good . Also I need the steering box not the pump. I have some play at the wheel which makes it wonder on uneven pavement. The wheel will turn a few degrees before the pitman arm moves. I made small adjustment about 1/4 turn in on the adjustment screw but I sense its on it way out. how far can that screw be turned in before it dont return to center anymore?
iirc you dont want to mess with that screw...its not for adjustment i believe it is for setting the backlass on the steering gear. (but I could be wrong)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes I know its basically a temporary fix thats why i posted a want ad for a new one. I know from my last 91 NITE bronco I did that adjustment about 1/2 turn and 6 months later it jammed up on me. so where's the best place to buy stuff with good prices and fast shipping?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts