Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Just tossed this together in about 5 minutes, so don't beat me up too bad on the 'small stuff'

I'm a Computer Egg Head by day...by night, I'm a vinyl lettering guy. I'm in between some new equipment I'm getting, and I'm looking at my first project being my BKO. I REALLY like the EB BKO's with the tan fiberglass top and two tone, but I ain't got an EB BKO... so...

I was thinking of doing something down the side (tribal was first thing that came to mind) of my BKO. Here are a couple ideas I tossed together. I'm working on finding or making a better tribal horse...but with the whole "Bronco" thing... I thought a tribal horse would :rockon I have about 100k images to go through, so it may take a while to find the right one :)

Anyway, I have been wanting to paint the top tan but I don't think it would look right on my green BKO unless I have the same color somewhere else. I'm not a paint man, so vinyl it is :)

THIS IS HER TODAY :

Here's what I was toying around with...all be it briefly. I'm going to sit down and look at it a little deeper in the next few days and see what other stuff I have...

This is too feminine for my likes... but I'm thinking something more tribal and less Frilly with the horse theme might be cool...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool. I kinda like the idea of the last one, but it's kinda not me. I am going to try to come up with something with less curls, and more straight lines...more traditional tribal...

I don't think it would look right skipping the vinyl and just painting the top tan :(

·
presently corralled
987 Posts
have you thought of buying a top from a salvage yard? the last with less of the designs behind the horse, of course

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
Leave it stock, XLT broncos are cool looking too.

fix the broken turn signal light, clean the wheels, and straighten the front bumper.

You asked, and I provided.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
have you thought of buying a top from a salvage yard? the last with less of the designs behind the horse, of course
:shrug

What For? The top I have now has tinted windows, the headliner on the inside, rear dome light inside, 3rd break light outside...it's just faded black in color...

Are you saying so I just don't have to paint it? I am actually thinking about going to the pick an pull here real soon though :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fix the broken turn signal light (going to pick and pull to see if I can score one),

clean the wheels (I bought this a few months back and they were pitted like that. I've not had the time to polish them up, but I took this Thursday off and it's me, my dremel tool, and some polish - unless my wife squashes that - I'm using my 2nd of 18 vacation days this year ;) I could understand it if she did)

and straighten the front bumper (bought it like that and the knucklehead did that so he could put 33's under it without lifting it...Tires rubbed so he hooked to a telephone pole and put it in reverse :doh0715: I was thinking of either lifting it and straightening out the bumper or letting those 33's wear down, and go with a little smaller tire so I can fix the bumper. Haven't figured it all out yet.

You asked, and I provided (And I appreciate it. Nice observations too :)

A SMALL part of this idea I had was to also cover a key scratch someone made (prior to me buying it) down the side. It drives me insane to see it and I'm not repainting...not right now anyhow...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The topper is actually green. I couldn't figure out if you were saying it faded to a black, or was a black.

Well, I was going by what the guy I bought it from said. He said the guy he bought it from had told him that he painted it black when I asked him about something with the top :shrug

Either way, I think I WOULD prefer the green, I just figured I'd never be able to match it and give it a glossy look...unless there is some paint out there that would work.

Something like THAT... I can tape off and rattle can :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
They all look like tattoos to me, but I like the concept...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
:stupid If I had to pick one it would be the first one. But if you are just looking for some tan then why not paint the EB scheme and be done w/ it?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
I'd go with a satin or eggshell or matte before I'd go with a gloss. High gloss belongs on----other things.

Imho...............

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:stupid If I had to pick one it would be the first one. But if you are just looking for some tan then why not paint the EB scheme and be done w/ it?
The amount of vinyl that it would take to do that much would be probably in the realm of a few bucks (since I don't charge myself) :rofl:

I'm sure paint would be a bit more pricey

I got 4 kids...I hafta be a cheap bass-turd when it's practical :D

·
Registered
668 Posts
just do the whole thing vinyl. That way it all matches and you protect the original paint from scratches and rock chips.:toothless

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.