Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some pics before we tear it apart again...scraping the radius arms and building even stronger beefier ones...also...you will see the negative camber...which is good for jumping but not that much of an angle, that will be adjusted once we are done...

and a short video at idle..
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/showmedia.php?id=280950

this is all getting ripped out tomorrow... :? and built better, those pics are mock up and we already see some weak points and are taking care of them etc. alot more gussets and boxing in to be done!

keep checkin our webpage.. www.notallthereracing.com
it will be undated within the week with current pics!

Air

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh and forget to mention the best part!!

THATS A BRONCO FRONT END IN MY RANGER!

fullsize dana 44!!! out of my 88 bronco, one of the parts i kept after cutting her up

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
What do you plan on doing with it? Is there actually a coarse in the NE for you to compete on, please excuse my ignorance....that isn't exactly a setup I see for NE use, or maybe you bring it down to where it can be used?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after college yes, but surprisingly we can run that set up out here...but its not ment for trail runs anymore, just races. the closest thing to a trail would be the races down in PA where you baja threw a rang of different terrain as fast as you can, this set up will perform great and really shine on manmade courses such as those at 4 wheel jamborees and southwick motocross track.

·
Registered
145 Posts
anyone who can survive southwick, can survive baja. I race quads there and it gets BRUTAL.

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
Any chance you can get measurements of those front fender openings as compared to a regular fender? I'm thinking about getting flared fenders to clear 42's but I can't find any true measurements on how much bigger the openings are.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dustball, usually when you order the fenders you would get them with a ..for example... 3" bulge and 3 inch rise...the rise (might be a different word) but that second number is the increase in opening, it can be between 3" and up so they are pretty mint.

for the rear im going to just do rims since i already did the 8.8 swap with disc

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
DirtrangerMUD said:
dustball, usually when you order the fenders you would get them with a ..for example... 3" bulge and 3 inch rise...the rise (might be a different word) but that second number is the increase in opening, it can be between 3" and up so they are pretty mint.

for the rear im going to just do rims since i already did the 8.8 swap with disc
Right, I understand that part but is the "rise" just at the upper part of the opening or 3" larger all the way around?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i can measure it for you and send yous ome numbers...

as for the rebuild...

new radius arm! one done one to go!!!! this is a beefy ass mofo!

and bretts shop..

$500 dollar project totaled stang, one looked horrible..getting there..

so you think i can break the new ones????

Air

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
You arent kidding. Those radius arms look very very beefy. Did you CP weld those?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My buddy brett just read your post, whats a CP weld? Thats his awesome work, hope it shows in the pictures

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Looks really good.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
CP is complete penetration (I believe is the actual words) 100% penetration, through the use of backing bars and a weld prep of some sort like a 1/4" gap and if the tubing is over 1/4" a bevel on one side. Without the backing bar and a gap and or a bevel to allow 100% weld, I would not trust my safety on it. With the amount of stresses that it would endure, it will eventually start to crack or just snap if it takes a big enough hit. So if your friend didn't do that, you are asking for trouble, even with the extra re-enforcement he has on it.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
those are some insane R/A's man:thumbup

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys,

Yes there is 100% penetration on those....its hard to try and show that with a camera zoom but those are some strong ass well done welds..

Air

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

What better way to see how much travel you have than use a small tool. Still have alot more to do, and ust want to say thanks Brett for the help the last few days.....cant believe you didnt get pulled over in my truck haha.

Air

1 - 19 of 19 Posts