Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i go to start my truck this morning...and my drivers window is shattered out and my ignition cylinder is ****en jus spinning instead of engaging...i can do the window but ive never done a ignition cylinder on the column...can anyone feed me diagrams or a walkthru of sorts?

I'd like to find the S.O.B and spin his neck....:banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
If you can still get a key into it, put it in the run position and use a small drift pin to press the button that is located underneath it. That presses a pin that will release the cylinder. Depending on how much damage they did you may have further work to do. I believe that the proceedure and pictures are in the Chiltons or Haynes books.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well...i think i can simulate the run position...since the whole cylinder spins when i go to turn the key...do you think that would entail any further work?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, so i removed the lock cylinder...only to find that the stub at the end of the cylinder(?) is broken inside the column...do i haveta tear apart the column to get to it or is there a easier way for it?

Yes, its a tilt type column.If that helps at all...

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Sounds like you need to start taking the colum apart. :(

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, it was the end of the lock cylinder...i was lucky enough to pull the piece out with a needlenose plier.Got it in and working again thankfully.Looks like its time for killswitches..

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
611 Posts
i0n said:
actually, it was the end of the lock cylinder...i was lucky enough to pull the piece out with a needlenose plier.Got it in and working again thankfully.Looks like its time for killswitches..
Glad you got it. I assume that you put a new cylinder in. :chili:

Good luck,

:thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts