Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After offroading recently the front edge of the passenger side door touches the front quarter panel. So when you open it it kinda makes a pop and the edge of the door sqeezes over the quarter panel. What could be causing this?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I had the same problem with my 85 bronco but on the driver's side. The left front fender had gotten pushed in a little towards the back or towards the door basically. And that caused the space between the door and the fender to decrease and the lip would always catch. I would look at the fender bolts that run across the top once you open the hood and see if you have any room for adjustment.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,914 Posts
Konham said:
After offroading recently the front edge of the passenger side door touches the front quarter panel.
The front part you're talking about is called a fender. The quarter panels are at the rear of the truck on each side. ;)

And you probably twisted it up and tweaked the fender a little to make it shift back into the door. Like mashori said, you can loosen those top fender bolts and pull the fender back out some. [Sounds like it doesn't need much.]

When I smashed that Honda, my driver's side fender was back into the door so far the door wouldn't open. So my dad somehow hooked a chain to the fender which in turn he hooked to a tree and I put the truck in reverse and pulled the fender back out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot, ill go do that now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts