Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull out of the driveway to go for a spin. Everything is fine, i take one corner accelerate hard, brake, next corner, brake, turn, try to brake... NOTHING. No pressure to the pedel. I put it to the floor multiple times. If I press it completly to the floor I can feel it start to slow, but not very much. What could be going on here???? I need someones help.

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
qcbronc said:
honestly, I have NOOOO knowledge about brakes. This is all jiberish to me.

holy crap you need to go turn your license in to the DMV and get a bus pass.

seriously though you dont know where you brake fluid is? if do that fluid reservoir is attatched to your master cylinder. i would check fluid and make sure it aint leaking

·
Registered
343 Posts
What he means is.......

1. Remove "brass cap" and make sure there is fluid inside....

2. Check booster hose.. for cracks.. or what have you.

3 . and then check the "little metal" *break lines* for leaks.... !!! DO NOT LOOSEN THEM JUST LOOK ! *MAYBE GIVE THEM A (little) TIGHTENING* not much !

And on a side note...... go to Kreagens... and get the Repair Manual for your year bronco and READ IT !!!! It will help in the long run !!

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
qcbronc said:
figured it out. Bro sorry to tell ya but im pretty young. WAYYYY low on fluid. Putting some in right now.

being young is no excuse. you have a drivers license right? you should now how to keep your vehicle safe on the road. not only for yourself but for the people around you.

ken

·
Administrator
22,854 Posts
qcbronc said:
figured it out. Bro sorry to tell ya but im pretty young. WAYYYY low on fluid. Putting some in right now.
thats good...you may have to rebleed the brakes...might have air in the lines...

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already bled them. My dad is a mecanic, so he showed me everything. Took me through the whole system top to bottom. This was the one part that I didnt know about. I grew up working on cars and trucks, but for some reason I've never done anything with brakes before. Don't know why though:doh0715: .

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And on a side note...... go to Kreagens... and get the Repair Manual for your year bronco and READ IT !!!! It will help in the long run !!
Bud, I know my Bronco. Read my last post. I've worked on trucks for as long as I can remember. Im not as dumb as this made me look. I honestly don't know why I had never worked on brakes before. Changed pads and such, but not fluid :shrug .I fixed it about two seconds after My first post.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
glad to hear it's all fixed . . . any ideas what happened? did you have leak somewhere? My right caliper on my previous 1985 bronco was so old that the rubber had deteriorated down completely and every time I would brake it would piss out break fluid . . .

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stangmata50l said:
Washing cars and trucks does not constitute "working on them". I thought doing brakes was EVERYONE's first expereience with workin on a car.
I wasent just washing them! You know what, it's not even worth arguing about. I just didnt know how to diagnose a brake problem! That was all! I'm still learning, and growing, and figuring out stuff. I replaced axles, redone a whole ac system, sound equiptment, pulled and dropped in new motors, rebuilt carbs, rebuilt a 1970 chevy c-10, replaced a ton of other stuff that needed replaced on the hudreds of cars that went through my dads shop, and many more. Im sorry that you dont think Im capible of anything, but you know what, I feel like an idiot for even saying anything. And for you all to judge me about my experiance is wrong. Just because I didnt know the brake terms doesnt mean anything. After I made my first post ,I went out and fixed the problem. Came back to the computer and had a bunch of responses. And now I ahave people trying to tell me I have never worked on a car before... WHAT EVER! And thanks to all of you who really tried to help.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mashori said:
glad to hear it's all fixed . . . any ideas what happened? did you have leak somewhere? My right caliper on my previous 1985 bronco was so old that the rubber had deteriorated down completely and every time I would brake it would piss out break fluid . . .
Ya I had a small leak. Over time all the fluid just slowley leaked out. I fixed it and I'm all good now.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stangmata50l said:
Pull a little sand out of the old vag there, champ. Just breakin your balls, if they've dropped yet. :goodfinge
ya ya ya. When I said I was yound I didnt mean like 10 years old. It was a stupid post in the first place, so whatever.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
qcbronc:Don't let these guys get to you,they obviously forgot that at some time in their life they knew nothing about auto repairs.Some of them learned on their own how to diag but a lot of them learned from forums like this and from other people(Dad's,friends and others).You obviously caught them on a day when someone pissed in their corn flakes.It was not a supid post.

·
Dead Horse
5,935 Posts
psygn0sis said:
hahahahaha:doh0715:

Look around on the internet for the "HOW-TO BLEED BREAKS" because you now have air in your break lines = NOT GOOD !

look on the internet for "how to spell BRAKES"

1 - 20 of 36 Posts