Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to get my hooks on last minute so i could go ride the trails tommorow, the weather held out and everything was going great, stopped by home depot to pick up a drill bit and some cutoff wheels for my zipmate(harbor freight was closed, i was going to get a 1/2 inch drill and step bit set but they apparently changed their hours last week:banghead. strike one) and i had borrowed a jigsaw to cut my bumper:thumbup, so i get home set up my lights, run extension cords then get to cutting, i couldn't find the pinion gear for my zipmate, strike two. then i broke the old dull shitty jigsaw blade, so i replaced it, got to cutting new blade :thumbup then the blade holder sheared it's set screw and dropped off the saw strike three, i'm sweaty pissed off and it's dark out
looks like i'll miss another ride:cry

RANT OFF

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stop waiting until the last minute :goodfinge
:brownbag:
I thought you had tools at work :shrug

ya slacker :twak
where do you think i borrowed the jigsaw i have to either fix or replace by monday
besides work moved 45 mins north right at the end of summer, so i quit because i go to school here
ride without them. anyways, that sux.
club policy, i'm not a member of the club plan to join in april when dues are paid and they have the expo, i don't want to show up without tow points and get off on the wrong foot with the jeepers

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
i don't want to show up without tow points and get off on the wrong foot with the jeepers
Driving a Bronco, I think you're already in their line of fire. :rofl:

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm going to go on all of the work days, and try to get them to widen the trails:toothless they say the reason they are so narrow is that no fullsize rigs go on the work days

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
F-ck em, most jeep owners are pricks anyways. If they make a big deal out of something, then consider it a lesson learned and move on.

NOTE, I SAID MOST

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
F-ck em, most jeep owners are pricks anyways. If they make a big deal out of something, then consider it a lesson learned and move on.

NOTE, I SAID MOST
i rode in my firend's jeep with them, they seemed like a pretty good group of guys.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
i rode in my firend's jeep with them, they seemed like a pretty good group of guys.
then doen't sweat it. Go and have fun:thumbup

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
You douches are bashing a guy that's willing to not screw up everybody else's day.

He admitted his rig's not ready and is passing on the run due to it's lack of basic requirement. Why would you encourage him still to go? I wish more people would sack up and wait until they are ready. Yes it suck but if you're not ready, you're not ready.

For fu(k sake. Does anyone on here have integrity anymore?

-Scott

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Lighten up, Nancy. Laugh a little. :goodfinge

I just pray he's not wearing any tight jeans whenever it is he goes with them. You know about those "nice Jeep guys." ;)

:histerica

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
You douches are bashing a guy that's willing to not screw up everybody else's day.

He admitted his rig's not ready and is passing on the run due to it's lack of basic requirement. Why would you encourage him still to go? I wish more people would sack up and wait until they are ready. Yes it suck but if you're not ready, you're not ready.

-Scott
Oh come on. If there is say 6 vehicles going, even if only half have the had the tools and equipment, it will still be a go. It's not like if one guy gets stuck, the rest go on with out him. They all stick around to watch, help, lend tools or just point and laugh.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I'm not clear on what it is you think you need to do in order to go with these guys. What exactly do you think you need to do or get?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,857 Posts

-Scott
:stupid

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
I've helped lots of people who were stuck without tow points or anything for that matter. I give them a little lecture and then help them. I don't get dirty for people who are unprepared, mind you. I give them my strap, tell them the best place to put it then help them. If they have beer, they always end up a few beers lighter too.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not clear on what it is you think you need to do in order to go with these guys. What exactly do you think you need to do or get?
1. Vehicles must be equipped with a fully operational four (4) wheel drive system.
2. Vehicles must be licensed for travel on public highways, carry a current registration and maintain the minimum state requirements for vehicle insurance.
3. Vehicles must have a valid safety inspection sticker as required by the state in which it is licensed. (they say this is just a guide and they just give your truck a glance but tommorow they were actually going to look for the sticker, which i don't have but likely wouldn't be an issue unless i got pulled over in convoy)
4. Vehicles must be in good condition, with good tires and brakes.
5. Front and rear tow hooks (or suitable alternative) are required and must be properly mounted.
6. A heavy duty nylon tow strap with looped ends (no hooks) should be in good condition.
7. An operational spare tire must be in good condition, along with a jack capable of lifting the vehicle off the ground.
8. Vehicle must have roll protection
9. Seat belts.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
it's my DD too
Do you have a roll bar?

That sounds like a lot of BS to me. I go out for the day to have fun, not to pull out a check list to see that everyone has everything on the list. The main thing is a spare and a jack. Yes you should have that other stuff, but if you don't then don't worry because I for one have it and wont break your balls about it, at least not the first time out. As long as you come more prepared as time goes by is all I would care about.

Is it mandatory to have you rig inspected? If not, then get your new buddies to pay for the inspection.

Sounds like like crap to me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts