Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its snowing here and the roads are pretty bad, my friend calls me and say he slide into a curb and his car is messed up and it's at a shop and needs a ride home.

So i say ok on my way, i pick him up head to his house and he lives in a really hilly area. I go down the hill and up a smaller hill to his house and drop him off, no problem.

I turn around start heading back up the hill and decide to go up an ever steeper hill :banghead instead of going the easy way :doh0715: get almost to the top and slide back down the hill rear ended a tree got turn around and slide even farther down the hill.

So my tailgate is now destroyed,glass smashed and i think the driver seat back bent alittle. Spent like an hour trying to cover the back of it to keep the snow out.So needless to say i'am PISSED OFF at myself.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Ouch...that blows.

It snowed about 5 inches here and started raining freezing rain/sleet type stuff and everything was slick for a while.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Should have put it in 4 wheel drive at the bottom of the hill

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Should have put it in 4 wheel drive at the bottom of the hill
If it wasn't in 4x4 during conditions like that than he deserves what he got.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah, weather's been a PITA this winter, my roommates just got back from work and they say roads are messed up - sucks cause I'm all outta food so I'll be heading out to the store in like 15 minutes, but I got 4x4 so I think it'll be okay :D

·
No prepuce on my -
1,167 Posts
So its snowing here and the roads are pretty bad, my friend calls me and say he slide into a curb and his car is messed up and it's at a shop and needs a ride home.

So i say ok on my way, i pick him up head to his house and he lives in a really hilly area. I go down the hill and up a smaller hill to his house and drop him off, no problem.

I turn around start heading back up the hill and decide to go up an ever steeper hill :banghead instead of going the easy way :doh0715: get almost to the top and slide back down the hill rear ended a tree got turn around and slide even farther down the hill.

So my tailgate is now destroyed,glass smashed and i think the driver seat back bent alittle. Spent like an hour trying to cover the back of it to keep the snow out.So needless to say i'am PISSED OFF at myself.
Sorry man...that seriously sucks... :banghead

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
If it wasn't in 4x4 during conditions like that than he deserves what he got.
I'm gonna post up some pics this week of what it's like driving in northern Michigan. Luckily I made a deal with WOOD today and I'll finally have front axle shafts back in my truck soon (first tim since early December). We dont have pavement here you just get used to it. Having a manual trans and torque at 400 rpm helps

·
Registered
500 Posts
Post 'em Todd, or PM me, I'd like to see them.

mR

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Post 'em Todd, or PM me, I'd like to see them.

mR
God love him, he is not afraid to show his carnage or anything for that matter. That is what I really like about him.

Todd, you remind me so much of a friend I had in high school. If something was going to happen, out of the ordinary, it would happen to him.

I would like to see the pics because I don't see much snow here. No sooner does it fall, and sometimes very deep, and it is gone.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
God love him, he is not afraid to show his carnage or anything for that matter. That is what I really like about him.

Todd, you remind me so much of a friend I had in high school. If something was going to happen, out of the ordinary, it would happen to him.

I would like to see the pics because I don't see much snow here. No sooner does it fall, and sometimes very deep, and it is gone.
Sounds good, I've been meaning to takes pics of a "day in the life of Todd" all week. I told my dad I was going to do it last week

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Sounds good, I've been meaning to takes pics of a "day in the life of Todd" all week. I told my dad I was going to do it last week
as always, looking forward to it:thumbup

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
That's what ya get for helping people. ;)

This reminds me of an ex that would yell at me for NOT stopping to help people who were stuck or spun out on lonely country roads. I always told her SHUT UP!!! :rofl: No, seriously, I always told her, "why, so I can either cause more damage or get stuck too?" She never seemed to understand that. :toothless

1 - 17 of 17 Posts