Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son's District Wrestling Meet started today and he won his first two matches of the Tourney. :chili:

He Wrestles at 215, My wife missed his first match because she didn't turn the camera on in time and he pinned the guy in 29 seconds of the first round.

His second match of the night didn't last much longer. :rockon
:beer
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=25921807

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! I used to be the stat girl for my high schools wrestling team. It was definitely fun and I learned a lot.
Thanks! If he does well tomorrow he qualifies for the State Tournament.
He wasn't able to go last year after qualifying because he almost died of Necrotizing Fasciitis.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks! If he does well tomorrow he qualifies for the State Tournament.
He wasn't able to go last year after qualifying because he almost died of Necrotizing Fasciitis.
WOW, that's really good that he will qualify if he wins. Good luck to him. And I'm sorry to hear, but happy to hear he's doing better. :)

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW, that's really good that he will qualify if he wins. Good luck to him. And I'm sorry to hear, but happy to hear he's doing better. :)
Thanks, it took him a long time to recover but as you can see he's moderately healthy. :thumbup

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. I know nothing about wrestling but he did a good job from what I can tell. Quick match.
Thanks, he is hoping he can parlay this into a scholarship in Wrestling or Football.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
Son's District Wrestling Meet started today and he won his first two matches of the Tourney. :chili:

He Wrestles at 215, My wife missed his first match because she didn't turn the camera on in time and he pinned the guy in 29 seconds of the first round.

Very nice. In BJJ we call that a "scarf hold". Your son kept it on really tight. He's got really good movement for a big kid!

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts

Sweet! I went to my bro's wrestling tourny today too, he wrestles 215, most I ever weighed is 145 my Jr/Sr. year, he's the big boned one in the family :toothless. Schedule ran slower than hell and took all day, unfortunately he lost twice, but he's not a "natural", unfortunately, stuff doesn't click very well

Congrats! I used to be the stat girl for my high schools wrestling team. It was definitely fun and I learned a lot.
I used to think you were the one for me....now I know :toothless

lol, I've heard tons of different names. My favorite, Mat Sluts. It was nice getting out of school early, but most of the guys were my friends.
Mat sluts is what we called ours...our managers a few years were REALLY dirty...2 girls 1 cup kinda dirty, ewww :doh0715:

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updates of matches coming.

He lost earlier today 12-9 to the #1 seed, he got a tough draw having to face him so early. Since the tourney only had a consolation bracket he wasn't able to wrestle his way back into the finals tonight which is between the guy he lost to and a guy he pinned last week to win that Tournament.

He won his last 4 matches by pin to finish 3rd overall. :rockon
We have to go back in a few for the finals and the awards ceremonies.
I will post his matches later when we get home.

Don't worry they are short, he only had one match that went past the first round. :thumbup

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice. In BJJ we call that a "scarf hold". Your son kept it on really tight. He's got really good movement for a big kid!
Yeah I was checking out your thread the other day.
Very cool stuff, I'd really never heard much about it until my oldest boy recently started training in BJJ for MMA.
He's kind of lanky and he got most of his wins by choke out because he can dig his arms in deep under their chins.

BJJ seems to do the best in MMA, although you have to be well rounded to dominate. His work out partner is an ex wrestler, so it helps him there while his background is in American Karate. His partner gives him the wrestling training and his work with BJJ gives him the submission experience along with the striking ability from his Karate background.

The club he trains with want him to go pro but he wants to stay in school.
Right now he is only doing amateur matches.
He is a Junior Pre-Med student so he would be crazy to quit school now.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Washington State Regional Meet just finished today. :rockon

Our son only lost one match and placed 3rd and it's off to State finals in Tacoma next weekend! :chili:

Just bragging, we are proud. that is all. :beer

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
Washington State Regional Meet just finished today. :rockon

Our son only lost one match and placed 3rd and it's off to State finals in Tacoma next weekend! :chili:

Just bragging, we are proud. that is all. :beer
sweet, my lil bro is JV and just had their last match saturday. I'll probably try to to the 1-2-3A state championships here in town. We were 5a, and had to drive 3hours to wichita for state every year, and had 1-2-3-A hosted in our own town..kinda sucked :toothless

1 - 20 of 23 Posts