·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
7000 G's for an exhaust I don't think so:histerica

Now i can see putting that much in the the suspension been there done that but not the exhaust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7000 G's for an exhaust I don't think so:histerica

Now i can see putting that much in the the suspension been there done that but not the exhaust.
I used to think it was ridiculous, too. Hell, I still do, but the sound and feel of that! My apartment neighbor in college had that same system in his Camaro... OMG standing 5 feet from that car when he revved it up in full open was powerful- everything inside of me shook and was in danger of turning to some sort of 'organ'ic soup. Are there any cheaper alternatives? The truck still has to meet emissions for the state of South Carolina and North Carolina, so I like the ability to switch between street legal and offroad terror.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Holy shit balls...... That's alotta F'in money man.

For the motor I can understand the price, but it better be a bad ass motor!

As far as the exhaust goes... :shocked :histerica :smilie_slap ...7+ THOUSAND dollars for an exhaust that looks like it's for a camaro, and wouldnt really fit, and would get destroyed on the trails. I'm dont wanna sound like i'm flaming you, cuz i'm not, i'm sure it is a very BAD ASS exhaust and sounds sick on a muscle car with the rpms wrappin out, and if i had the money and a muscle car to put it on, i would maybe consider it... But for a 79 bronco... probaly not. Get yourself a Flowmaster Super44 and it'll sound just as good (if not better IMO) on a truck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy shit balls...... That's alotta F'in money man.

For the motor I can understand the price, but it better be a bad ass motor!

As far as the exhaust goes... :shocked :histerica :smilie_slap ...7+ THOUSAND dollars for an exhaust that looks like it's for a camaro, and wouldnt really fit, and would get destroyed on the trails. I'm dont wanna sound like i'm flaming you, cuz i'm not, i'm sure it is a very BAD ASS exhaust and sounds sick on a muscle car with the rpms wrappin out, and if i had the money and a muscle car to put it on, i would maybe consider it... But for a 79 bronco... probaly not. Get yourself a Flowmaster Super44 and it'll sound just as good (if not better IMO) on a truck.
Haha no I wouldn't install it directly as is- It's the electronic switching from normal exhaust line (engine, cats, mufflers, --> out) to the straight pipe that I like (engine --> out).

Oh, and that engine is very bad-ass from what I have been able to find out about the company and their reputation. I will certainly check into the Super44 though to find out what you're smokin'.

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Get the magnaflow oval mufflers, They sound better then the flowmaster and dont get that annoying drone! And yes I have had both on multiple vehicles, along with a few of my friends, and we all prefer the Magnaflow over Flowmasters.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Haha no I wouldn't install it directly as is- It's the electronic switching from normal exhaust line (engine, cats, mufflers, --> out) to the straight pipe that I like (engine --> out).

Oh, and that engine is very bad-ass from what I have been able to find out about the company and their reputation. I will certainly check into the Super44 though to find out what you're smokin'.
If you want to be able to switch from mufflered to straight pipe then just get something like this: http://www.jegs.com/p/Race-Ready/Race-Ready-Performance-Electric-Exhaust-Cutout-Kits/757985/10002/-1

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Any more info on that kit? Looks promising, but it only saves a mere $6500
any more info??? like what? The descriptions say it all. And that page that i gave you the link for has all the electric kits for all exhaust sizes....

So you pick what size you need, then if you doin dual or single exhaust... They are electric cut outs, so you just instal it inline b4 the muffler and run your wiring. Then flip a switch and it'll re-direct the exhaust from flowing thru the muffler, to flowing out of a strait pipe.

Also got to thinking, there are a few mufflers with cutouts on them, like the Warlock:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-50560FLT/

Its a muffler, then take the red plate off and it is straightpiped.
Damn! That muffler is sick! I wonder how it sounds...

·
Ford Tatted On My Chest
1,456 Posts
Damn! That muffler is sick! I wonder how it sounds...
I wonder the same thing! I was going to get some for my 71 when i was doing exhaust, but the shop was going to give me a good price on some IMCO's so I went with thouse, but low and behold they didnt have any in and stuck some flowmasters on :barf. I mean I dont mind the sound from them, but the drone is crappy, and flowmasters give a better tone w/o the drone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts