Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same old Suburban project, and I need some wheel adapters because parts to convert the front to 8-lug don't seem to readily exist. So, I need to go from 5 on 5 lug pattern to 8 on 6.5. But, now I can't seem to find any adapters for it either? Anyone know of somewhere where I can find them?

Thanks

·
RBV Abuser, F/S user
747 Posts
I have never found them, either. I don't think that they can actually be made because of the required stud patterns. Try laying out the "on 5" pattern on top of an "on 8" pattern and you will see what I mean. I found a KILLER deal on some NEW 36" swampers, but had to pass, as nobody made these wheel adapters, and I wasn't going to get new wheels or swap my bolt pattern over.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
If you have a good custom tire shop nearby they should be able to contact their "guy" and see about custom making some. I looked into it for something else and my buddy said he could have it done. But I cant really remember the circumstances at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
It won't work. The 8 lug pattern will fall in the 5 lug pattern. No matter how you try to fit it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh, this isn't looking good. Especially after I just paid a hefty sum to get the spring perches moved on my 14-bolt... I might have to run 2 different rims to make this work. I hope I can find an adapter or convert the front end to 8-lug.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Chevy outer knuckles/spindles/brakes might be the only way to go..

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Ugh, this isn't looking good. Especially after I just paid a hefty sum to get the spring perches moved on my 14-bolt... I might have to run 2 different rims to make this work. I hope I can find an adapter or convert the front end to 8-lug.
Hate to say it, but, you cant. I looked and looked when I did the sterling conversion. There are no 5 lug to 8 lug conversions. Your options are to convert the front to an 8 lug pattern, swap in a front axle with the 8 lug pattern or run two spares. I chose to run 2 spares for now...

·
Mud God - R.I.P.
5,788 Posts
I see 8 lug front axles all the time for 250ish

I did a 6 lug conversion on a 14 bolts a few years back
Pics suck, this was at the first brake job after the conversion

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's 2wd, so there's no front axle to swap. I'd have to swap the spindles out and hope all the bearings work and such. And of course since noone does this kind of stuff to a 2wd, info isn't out there.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yesterday I went to the junkyard and got some knuckles and spindles, and the associated brakes and such off an 1999 8-lug chevy van. Not exactly in my year range, but I think they will work. I hope they do, I do not want to have to carry 2 spares.

Rockford, with that 6-lug conversion, what all did it take in parts to complete? Does it need different axleshafts in addition to hubs? Was that a "standard" 14b disc brake conversion? I think I can get 5 on 5 to 6 on 5 adapters, but I have confirmed that there is no such thing as a 5 on 5 to 8 on 6.5 adapter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts