Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i've searched the forums, and yes i may have missed it but has anyone used coil spring spacers on their broncs. I'm gettin ready to put a 4 inch susp. lift on my 96 and would like to even up the front end with the rear. The front end sits a little lower than the rear. Would half inch coil spring spacers help level it out when i put my new coils under her, or is there a better way of doing it, or should i just leave it the hell alone. thanks guys

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
If you're just looking to level out the front, what you want is a leveling kit. They do just that. Space your coils to level out your front end and get rid of that (IMO) ugly ass racing stance. Just look them up.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Its mainly personal preference. I personally like the rear end to be a little higher than the front, but that is my cup of tea.

One important thing to remember is that you suspension will settle during the first month or so (depending on how much you drive). The reduction in height will be significantly more for your coils than your springs, which means the rear will end up even higher compared to the front. Having the truck level is seems important to you, so, Id go for the leveling kit mentioned above. If youre gonna bother doing a lift, make sure its exactly what you want!!
Good luck with the lift bro :thumbup

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Hey guys, i've searched the forums, and yes i may have missed it but has anyone used coil spring spacers on their broncs. I'm gettin ready to put a 4 inch susp. lift on my 96 and would like to even up the front end with the rear. The front end sits a little lower than the rear. Would half inch coil spring spacers help level it out when i put my new coils under her, or is there a better way of doing it, or should i just leave it the hell alone. thanks guys
You can get 1/2" added lift from the solid coil spacers. You need to make sure what lift height you end up with first though:
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/628/13095

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can measure the distance between wheels and fenders to determine what thickness of wheel spacers to install.

Maybe you can try what I installed. Recently I was install BONOSS forged active cooling wheel spacers (formerly bloxsport) on my car.
They can customize the thickness and data that I want, so that I can install new tires with different data, and the customization time is very fast, just 1~3 days.

They have aluminum alloy 7075-T6 and 6061-T6 options. 7075-T6 will be more expensive but better in quality. In fact, 6065-T6 is good enough. Its tensile strength, yield strength and elongation can support our normal use. And its lugs are grade T10, studs are forged grade 12.9.

If you need it in the future, this is their case article.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts